Chapter 2

The next day was Tuesday and my mom was gone when I woke up, I wasn't looking forward to this day or any other day this summer.

I slowly made my way downstairs, wearing a tank top and my pajama shorts. I was too lazy to brush my hair, but I brushed my teeth in case I ran into Yeji, which was stupid, because she wouldn't be at my house at 11 a.m., nor would my grandmother allow something like that.

I sat in a chair, wishing my grandparents and Yuna good morning.

My grandmother was looking out the window, while drinking her morning coffee and commenting on everyone passing by on the street, while my grandfather was reading the newspaper, muttering that everyone was a hypocrite and that he hated everything, while Yuna was painting her nails.

I slowly made myself some cereal, before leaning against the counter. The whole kitchen smelled of nail polish and coffee.

My eyes strayed unconsciously to the window and then I had to look twice. I saw Yeji crouched on her lawn, next to her motorcycle, her hair was somewhat disheveled now, the pink streak barely visible because of the position.

She wiped her forehead as she stood up, only to reveal that she was not wearing a shirt, but a sports top and her half naked torso looked endless and her abs were killer.

But her skin was covered in tattoos, as were her arms, so I blinked several times to snap out of my trance and again look at my cereal. I finished it soon before leaving the bowl in the sink and attempting to climb the stairs.

"Wait!" My grandmother yelled and I grunted turning around to see what she wanted. "Why don't you go with Yuna and look around?"

Yuna and I looked at each other and then I saw her smile and nod at Grandma. "Sure, why not?"

But the truth was that I just wanted to stay inside and watch some movies. Was it too much to ask? I didn't want to be here, I never asked for this. What was I supposed to do here?

I sighed and went upstairs to change. I really didn't want to go out, especially with Yuna. She told me she would be ready in 10 minutes obviously because she needed time to put on her makeup. I put on some shorts and a hoodie, before heading downstairs.

"Can I bring my skateboard?" I asked Yuna, as she came down the stairs, dressed in jean shorts and a tight white blouse.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever..."

I grabbed the skateboard that was leaning against the wall and put on my sneakers.

"And watch out for Yeji! Don't go near her!" My grandmother yelled as we walked out of the house.

She was planning to sit on the porch of the house to read the newspaper and I rolled my eyes, put the board at my feet, putting one foot on top of it and Yuna frowned as she looked at my outfit.

I put my second foot on the board, waiting for direction, she nodded her head forward and I skated absentmindedly beside her. We both knew she wasn't going to show me around, I already knew the place.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking around me at the deserted street lit by the blazing sun.

"To the skate park..." She replied and my heart started beating faster. There would be cool people there and I sure as hell wasn't going to fit in.

It wasn't like Yuna's presence was calming me down at all to be honest either and I didn't know why I started to wonder if Yeji would be there.

Maybe.

I leaned on the end of the skateboard as I stopped in front of the entrance, Yuna opened it and I held my skateboard, as we walked towards the big ramps, there were bars and also a small kiosk in the corner.