➴51

Mom went on a storm after that.

The next day, she got Glenn and I to follow her around and stash weapons in hidden places.

"Next time we're doing heavy lifting, you're pushing the cart," Glenn informs.

"Next time, I'll try and not get stabbed," I fire back.

"Right here," mom directs. "I told Michonne to meet us here. Where the hell is she?"

"She's probably still in bed-"

I elbow Glenn in the side with wide eyes.

"If she's still l laid up in bed when I asked her to come work and-"

"The hormones!" I cry out, picking up a gun to load.

"Eleanor!" she snaps.

I hold my hands to my sides in surrender.

"I'm sure she'll be here in a few," Glenn defends Michonne.

I make a mental note to yell at Rick for keeping Michonne up and letting Glenn and I suffer the pregnant lady being angry.

We continue handling the weapons. I couldn't stop thinking about Anna. I could tell mom and Glenn were catching onto my far away mind.

"Can I ask a question?" I ponder.

"You just-"

"Glenn," mom scolds.

I laugh at the two. Green Bean really needed to hurry because pregnant mom is a sight to behold.

"What's karma?"

"Karma? It's like.." mom pauses. "It's something that comes back around."

"Back around?" I repeat.

"My grandfather from Korea used to preach about karma," Glenn recalls.

"Oh, yeah?" mom asks. "Well, maybe you know more. I just know it's bad."

"It's bad?" I panic.

"No, no.. Well, not always." Glenn rests his hands on the cart. "It's like.. believing that something will be returned."

"Back around," I repeat, pointing to mom like she had the right idea.

"Plain and simple- it's like if you do something good, something good will happen to you. If you do something bad, something bad will happen to you."

I set the gun down and tilt my head. "So, it's like fate either pats you on the head or kicks your ass?"

"Close enough," Glenn decides.

"Why? Where'd you hear it from?" mom asks. "And keep working while you talk."

I hurriedly grab the gun back and begin loading it.

"Anna.." the name slips from my tongue.

Glenn and mom trade a look. Mind readers. Gross? Adorable? Annoying.

I set the gun back down. My heart picks up speed again. Would they be angry if I admitted everything? The only person that knew anything was Carl.

"I kissed her," I blurt.

Mom's head snaps to look at me.

"After the herd.. After she helped you.. I did."

"And then?" she asks.

She didn't react at all to me kissing someone. Kissing another girl. She just wanted to know more.

"And then I ran away and avoided her all month."