➴105

I heard all while growing up that you see a bright light when you're dying.

I didn't know it worked the other way around.

The lights above me seemed to be the brightest thing I'd ever witnessed. I feel my face scrunch in pain at the sheer strength of the luminescent rays in my eyes.

I try to turn my head to the side, but a sharp pain slices through my stomach and out of my chest. My throat suddenly burns like there was a gas leakage.

I raise my hand, but it gets caught. Some kind of bounds were tied around my wrist.

I force my eyes to stay strong through the brightness.

Where the hell am I? 

Was I taken?

Eagerly, I wriggle around. My feet were also tied to something. I was lying down.

"Hey, hey, careful now. We don't want you to rip your stitches."

I toss my head upwards and the mask slides off my face. I continue panicking, trying to rip myself free from the restraints around my limbs.

"Eleanor," the voice continues. "I'm gonna need you to calm down."

I take a shattered breath in and it gags me on the way back out. My back ached from the mattress under me.

"Ellie," Josh's voice cuts through the madness. "You're all right. You're safe. I'm right here."

I feel Josh grab my arm and even though my body stays tense, I force myself to stop moving.

"Hey, there," a man greets- I'd never seen him before. "I'm Doctor Tomi. It's nice to see you awake."

I clench my hands into fists. Where were Sasha's gloves?

"Where.." I try to speak, but it was hard as my throat felt swollen. "Where.."

"I'll explain everything, El. Just take a second to calm down." Josh reassures.

Where's mom? Anna? Who is this British guy talking to me like he already knows me? Why was it so goddamn bright in here?

Breaths escape me in broken pants and I rest my head against the pillow. Josh rubs my arm soothingly and I try to remain calm.

"You good?" Josh asks.

Timidly and tense, I nod my head.

My body jolts in surprise when the Tomi guy pushes a button below me and the bed begins to ascend until I'm sat upright.

"You were stabbed by Carver. You lost a lot of blood," Josh begins.

I nod. I remembered that. I wasn't exactly stabbed.. more so I made Carver stab me.

My eyes scan the room. There was a pristine white cloth draped from the ceiling to the floor. I couldn't see beyond it.

"Maggie took care of it, though. The Reapers aren't a threat anymore."

A little more relaxation flows through me. Safe. 

" We patched you up the best we could, but the bleeding wouldn't stop. Maggie did her best to do a transfusion, but I think she lost more because the equipment was faulty than she gave you. You were still out by time we got the supplies and headed back to Alexandria. We weren't there for long until Eugene showed up with some friends."

"Friends..?" I repeat.

Did all friends tie you to a bed with gas being puffed down your lungs? This was closer to a form of torture I've endured or put others through.