Scott, Maggie, Caleb and Stiles met at the hospital.

Sheriff Stilinski said, "Boys, Maggie, give us a second."

Scott turned to Stiles. "These are definitely sacrifices, right?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah. It's the one Deaton mentioned. Healers."

"What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died. Danny's not a healer. I..."

Stiles pointed to his dad. "Can you hear that?"

Scott turned around and listened for a moment. "They found a body."

During Chemistry, Jennifer Blake walked in and Maggie and Caleb shared a wary look. "Good morning. As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing... I mean, sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, let's get started, shall we? Maggie, could you please read the first paragraph?"

Maggie shook her head as she held her shaking hands together underneath the desk.

"Miss Hawthorne, please."

"No!" she yelled, causing a brief flash of blinding light.

Stiles, who was seated between Scott and Caleb at the table in front of Maggie, took her hand to try to calm her fears and glanced between them. "Hey, my dad said that the ER attending wasn't strangled, but did die from asphyxiation. They just don't know how."

Scott snuck a glance to him. "Do you think the on-call doctor could still be alive?"

"I don't know... But, Scott, there's got to be at least 20 other doctors in that hospital... at least, you know? Any one of them could be next."

Scott got a call and he leaned down so he could subtly answer. "Hey, doc. Sorry, I'm in class now. Can I call you back later?"

After a moment of silence, Scott said, "Doc, doc, doc, doc? What's happening?"

Scott ran off and Caleb glanced at a text he received and glanced at Stiles. "We need get to the clinic. Call your dad."

Stiles called his dad and drove himself and the siblings to the Animal Clinic. As soon as they arrived, they saw Scott and the sheriff in the operating room. While Stiles took his place to Scott's left, Maggie hopped up on the counter and Caleb stood next to her.

Sheriff Stilinski placed a hand on Scott's shoulder. "All right, we're doing everything we can. Right now, the best thing you can do is go back to school."

Scott motioned for his friends to follow him silently. They walked into the Cat Clinic and Scott said, "We have to tell him."

Stiles jerked his head forward slightly. "You mean, like, tell him tell him, or tell him something else that isn't telling him what I think you want to tell him."

"You know what I mean," Scott told him.

Stiles placed a hand on the cages. "You remember how your mom reacted? She didn't look you in the eyes for, like, a week."

"And she got over it, and... it actually made us closer."

Stiles continued glaring through the window. "I don't know, dude. I mean, look at him. Come on, he's completely overwhelmed as it is."

Maggie glanced to see Sheriff Stilinski rubbing his eyes. "Stiles, he has no idea what's going on."

Scott nodded. "He's got people dying in this town, the town that he's supposed to protect, and it's not his fault that he doesn't know what's happening. He's gonna find out sooner or later."