Maggie sat on the couch in the sheriff's office listening to Stiles and his dad while Caleb stood nearby. "I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten. His older sister died in an accident when he was eight."

The sheriff let out a sigh. "Please go to school."

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf."

"Your best friends are a werewolf, a warlock and a witch. I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."

Sheriff Stilinksi sighed and Stiles glanced to his dad, confusion on his face. "What did you do?"

"What?" he asked, glancing down at his uniform and back up. "What do you mean, "What did I do?"?"

"There's something different about you."

"What are you talking about?"

Stiles began sniffing his dad like a dog. "What is it? What's different?"

Maggie pulled him back. "Stop being weirder than normal. We need get to school."

The sheriff let out a groan. "For the love of God, Stiles, just go to school. Maggie is right."

Stiles pointed to his dad. "I will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens."

"No. You know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this, does not make it my responsibility to do something every single time you have a minor suspicion."

Parrish entered the room. "And he's not the only one."

Caleb turned to Parrish. "Could you do a background check on the Raekens?"

Parrish nodded and smiled.

The sherif frowned. "Parrish!"

On their way to school, Stiles glanced at Maggie. "How come you don't believe that something is off with Theo?"

"Who says I don't?" she asked.

"Do you believe me?"

"I don't know just yet. Caleb does."

"Speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago."

"Meaning?"

"Who speeds?"

"Basically everyone. How many tickets do you have?"

He smirked. "None."

"And how many tickets would you have if your dad or my mom didn't bail you out?" Caleb asked.

"Seventeen."

"Exactly."

The three got to the school and walked to the front doors.

Stiles, Maggie and Caleb shared a look as Malia walked over. "Want me to torture him?"

Stiles frowned at her. "We've talked about this. What have I said?"

"To not do it? Do you three want me to torture him?"

Stiles shook his head. "No, I don't want you to torture him."

Malia crossed her arms, looking between the three of them. "I'm pretty sure I can take him. Maggie and Caleb definitely can."

Maggie looked between them. "We should wait to see why he's here. Have a plan, all right? There are steps to doing this right."

"What steps?" Malia asked.

"We get the story," Stiles said. "Verify the facts. Find the piece that doesn't fit and... and catch him in the act."