Sweater Weather - Part 1

'Okay mum, I've arrived now. Can you please end the call so I can go inside and settle in? Please?', Felix spoke to his airpods while he pushed two suitcases forward and let them rest on the floor. His long black coat kept getting in the way and the black turtle-neck he was wearing made it feel much hotter than it actually was in the unusually cold first week of October they've been having this year.

'Alright baby. Just don't be too grumpy about the situation and try to make some new friends in the house.', he rolled his eyes hard at that.

'I'm not ten for you to tell me that. Plus, I'm not grumpy and I'm perfectly capable of making friends.', he paused after realising that he had indeed, sounded very much grumpy, '...I'm just frustrated and stressed out.', he added as he brushed back his freshly dyed honey-blonde hair while his mum made a pitiful sound on the other end of the line.

'I'm sorry...I know that you wanted to live with your best friends this year but it wasn't-'

'It wasn't up to us, I know, I know.', he released a long sigh, trying to force the frustration out of his chest with it.

'Either way, I really have to go now. I've been standing in front of the door like an idiot.', he chewed the corner of his lips as he looked up, noticing the sheer dark-blue curtains on one of the second-floor windows.

'Okay, text me later. Love you lots, baby.', his mum made a few kissing noises and Felix shook his head with a smile before replying with:

'Will do, mum. Love you, too.', and with that, she ended the call and Felix removed his airpods,putting them back in their case and bringing too much focus onto the simple action so as to not think about the worst scenarios of what was waiting for him behind that door.

Up until a week ago, he'd been sure that he, Yuta and Beomgyu would live in a shared accommodation but apparently something went wrong with the documentation and they mixed up 'Lee Felix' with 'Lee Mark'. No matter how much he tried to sort everything out, in the end it had been too late and he had to accept the fact that he'll live in the student house that Lee Mark was meant to reside in, meanwhile that guy would remain with Yuta and Beomgyu.

He just really, really hoped that it wasn't one of your most typical frat houses.

With a deep breath, Felix unlocked the front door.

It won't be a frat house, it won't be a frat house, it won't-

'Come back here YOU BASTARD, that was my last fucking protein shake'.

Felix hadn't even taken a singular step inside before he froze on his feet and watched with wide eyes as a half-naked buffed up man was chasing another half-naked slightly less buffed-up man. There was a third one who sat on the couch, wearing only his boxers and was happily munching on his fried chicken while working on his laptop, apparently not minding the other two at all.

I'm in a frat house.

I'm actually in a frat house.

Felix wanted to cry.

'Guys, it's too early in the morning for this shit. Can you keep it a bit quieter?', another guy appeared from what was probably the kitchen, holding a plastic cup of coffee that was as black as Felix's coat. At least he wasn't particularly naked like the other three and wore a grey oversized large hoodie with matching sweatpants.

But.

It was literally two in the afternoon.

Felix wondered whether Yuta and Beomgyu wouldn't mind if he just slept on their couch or something.