Chapter 2

The Brigadier was trying to control his irritation after interviewing the recent bubbly and over-excited cadet, aka Ms. Pooja Ghai who was selected through sports quota. 

Here, Naina stood in front of Amar Jyoti and was lost in her thoughts when someone standing behind her was watching her curiously. 

"Fresher?" The man asked. Naina immediately understood by his stance that either he was a senior or a faculty member.

"Yes Sir." She replied without missing a beat.

"Name?" The man asked again but this time, a warm smile graced his face as he saw the nervous girl in front of him. 

And Naina, was so lost that she forgot that Brigadier has already given her permission, out-of-nervousness said, "Naina.. Ah Singh." 

The man now gave a full-blown smile as he replied, "Naina Ah... Singh? Interesting name." 

Naina turned red in embarrassment. But before she could correct herself, an orderly came to tell that Brigadier has summoned the man in his room. The gave a small smile to Naina and left.

'Indeed I was right. This must be a faculty member.' She thought as she once again turned to look at the Amar Jyoti and then at the 'Wall Of Fame' behind it.

'I promise, Bhaiya. I'll get your honor back. I'll make sure that the whole world knows that you were indeed a martyr. You gave your life for the country. You were innocent.' She willed herself as she tried her best to hide her tears. She can't get weak now. This is just the beginning.

She moved towards the girls hostel.

Here, Brigadier was finally impressed by a new candidate, Mr. Ali Baig. He could clearly see the patriotism running through his veins as the boy was the third generation to join the army and serve his motherland. 

The man reached the office and saluted him, "Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat reporting, Sir." He said in a loud and clear voice.

Brigadier Chandok looked at the young man in front of him. It's been a long time since he saw his cadet, Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia's best friend. 

Rajveer noticed the change in Brigadier's expressions. In reality, he was ready to hear some harsh words, because that's just how Brigadier was. He was not a man of sugar-coated, sickly sweet words. The news about Naveen had impacted him the most, as Naveen was the best cadet pass-out of his batch. 

And as for Rajveer, never in his life he would have dreamt that their last party before his posting would actually be the last time he was meeting his bestfriend. Losing your best friend in combat, on field is easier to accept but when you know that he was falsely accused...... it was unbearable. 

But this fact also made him restless. Restless to find the truth... restless to get his hands on the culprits. They didn't only take Naveen's life... they took away his honor which is far worse than death. What made Rajveer so upset was the fact... that unfortunately or rather fortunately... his friend was not here to see his own family suffer... No son, no brother can tolerate this dishonor on their family. As much as Rajveer wanted to meet Naveen's family, he knew that this was not the right time. He needs to wait until the ones responsible for this are behind the bars. Only then will he be able to look them in the eye.

Brigadier cleared his throat to pull Raj out of his thoughts. 

"Welcome back to the academy, Captain. I hope you are aware of the reason as to why you are here." Brigadier said in a clipped voice.

"I am, Sir. And I'll fulfil my duties without a hitch. Rest assured." Rajveer replied with confidence. 

"That's what I thought. You can go now. Settle well. I'll contact you when needed." Brigadier dismissed Rajveer as he turned to take his leave.

But the next words from Brigadier's mouth, knocked the air out of his lungs.

"Naveen Singh Ahluwalia's sister has joined the academy. I hope your personal feelings for your friend will not result in partiality, Captain." The Brigadier subtly warned him.

Raj composed himself as he replied, "Of course, Sir. Don't worry. For me, all the cadets are equal... and I would never let my personal feelings come between my country and my duty."

As he moved outside, his complete focus was on Brigadier's words, Naveen Singh Ahluwalia's sister has joined the academy. Raj didn't know what to make of it. But unknowingly, his heart was already thudding as he could not fathom why the girl would take such a drastic step, especially if she believes that her brother was framed, as Naveen always said that his sister trusts him the most. 

There are were only two cases why someone would do something like this :

1. Ya to us insan ke jazbat us par is had tak haavi ho jaye ki wo bina-soche samjhe aisa kadam utha le

2. Or ya to us insan ka apne jazbaato par itna kaabu ho jaye ki use apne maksad ke aage apna dar, dard, pareshaniyan dikhni band ho jayein.

Lost in his thoughts of finding the girl he went back to his room. 

Here, a young boy was brought-in, handcuffed wearing prisoner's clothes and handed over to the mess in-charge, Subedar Suriji. He took the boy to Brigadier and Brigadier being his usual self, warned the boy that he will be watching his every action and told Suriji to take care of him. 

The boy, however, made an irritated face as if this was the last place he wanted to be. 

"Oye puttar, chinta na kar. Aaj jitna dukh tujhe idhar aane ka ho raha na... ek din is jagah ko chhod kar jaane par tu aisi shakal banayega." Suriji said lovingly as he stared at the boy.

Although, the boy, Alekh Sharma, just glared at Suriji, he shrugged him and took the new cadet to give him all the necessary things.

Brigadier looked like he would be anywhere but in the cabin, interviewing this new batch of cadets, when one of them, Mr. Yaduvansh Sahni, replied that the sole reason for him to join the army is because he wants to prove his parents wrong.

At this point, Brigadier just held his head and dismissed the boy.

HERE IS THE NEXT CHAPTER EVERYONE. I KNOW THIS IS KIND-OF SHORT BUT SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING, RIGHT? WELL, TRUTH TO BE TOLD MY EXAMS GOT OVER YESTERDAY AND MY COLLEGE FOR NEW SEMESTER STARTS MONDAY.... LIKE THEY SERIOUSLY DIDN'T EVEN GIVE US ATLEAST 3 DAYS OFF... AND IT'S BEEN AROUND 5 MONTHS SINCE I'VE BEEN HOME... WHICH IS WHY I AM REALLY PISSED OFF BUT CAN'T DO ANYTHING. 😖😞

THAT'S WHY I CAME BACK TO MY RAJVEER.. ERRR.. MY LEFT RIGHT LEFT FANDOM BECAUSE WHY NOT. IN ALL THESE MONTHS YOU GUYS HAVE ACTUALLY BECOME LIKE A FAMILY TO ME... SO I CAME BACK TO YOU ALL. ALSO, FORGIVE ME FOR THIS LITTLE UPDATE AS I AM TRYING TO GRASP MY OWN FEELINGS AT THE MOMENT BUT UNFORTUNATELY THEY HAVE AFFECTED/INTERFERRED MY WRITING TODAY, SO...... YEAH, HAPPY WEEKEND AND ENJOY ❤️

AND, A VERY HAPPY MAHASHIVRATRI TO EVERYONE... MAY MAHADEV BLESS YOU ALL AND GIVE YOU POWER TO FIGHT AGAINST ANY KIND OF EVIL (WORRIES, FEAR, STRESS, ANGER... AND ALL SORTS OF NEGATIVE FEELINGS AND NEGATIVITY IN YOUR LIFE.)

NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON :  NOT DECIDED YET

WORD COUNT : 1232 WORDS 

DATE : FEBRUARY 18, 2023