Chapter 6

"Okay guys... I apologize for my late arrival. But sirf aap sab hi nahi jinhe first day formalities poori karni pad rahi hain." Raj said and the cadets chuckled in response.

"Okay everyone.... I want you all to introduce yourself." Raj said.

The cadets began their introduction. Soon, it was Naina's turn.

"Naina Singh....." She paused.

Are you ashamed of yourself?  Her mind reminded her of Brigadier's words.

"Naina Singh Ahluwalia, sir. I am from Nainital." She said.

Rajveer sucked his breath as he heard her speak.

"Naveen Singh Ahluwalia, Sir. I am from Nainital." 

He could clearly remember that day. The only difference was... at that time, he was sitting next to the speaker and today, he was standing in front of her.

"Welcome to the class, Cadet Singh." Rajveer said in a formal tone with a smile.

Naina released the breath she was holding.

"Okay. Now that everyone's done, let's move on to the lecture, shall we?" He asked and all the cadets nodded enthusiastically.

"So, who can tell me what is the importance of communication and strategy in military?" He said and he wrote 'ROLE OF COMMUNICATION AND STRATEGY IN MILITARY' on the board.

When he turned around there were a few hands raised up.

"Jinhone hath nahi uthaya... kya unhe nahi pata ki what is communcation and strategy?" Rajveer asked.

The ones who didn't raise their hands looked down to avoid being called. Rajveer smiled seeing their childish tricks.

"Cadet Sahni?" He called Yudi and he begrudgingly stood up, looking here and there, nervously.

"Um.. yes sir?" He asked.

"What is communication?" Rajveer asked him as he stood straight with his hands clasped in front of him.

"Uh... a form to communicate with others." He said, almost unsurely. The whole class laughed hearing his answer and Yudi's ears turned red with embarrasment.

"Why did you all laugh?" Rajveer asked and everyone turned silent.

"Does that mean that Cadet Sahni said something which made a little sense to you all. Maybe not entirely along the lines of a bookish definition... but he still was able to convey his thoughts to you all, right?" Rajveer asked and this time everyone turned a bit serious to understand what he was trying to imply.

"This, my friends, this is communication. A way to express our thoughts, our feelings, our conditions to others." Rajveer smiled in victory and the cadets looked at him like he had shown them some kind of a magic trick.

"Now, was it that hard to understand? It means all of us know the answers of these basic questions... that is why we are sitting here, in this class... So, I do hope ki baaki bhi jinhone hath nahi uthaya unka aisa karne ka reason hesitation ho... na ki ye ki unhe communication or strategy ka matlab nahi pata..." He joked and everyone smiled.

Just then, the bell rang, marking the end of the lecture.

The cadets groaned in disagreement as they were thoroughly enjoying Rajveer's lecture. 

Rajveer shook his head in amusement.

Soon the day first day came to an end and the cadets were more than ready to collapse on their beds.

"Oye aaj to mere handset ki poori battery hi down ho gayi. Ab recharge hone do koi." Pooja said as she plopped on her bed.

Naina chuckled seeing her antics and changed into her night dress.