Chapter 3

Naina found Pooja in her room as her roommate. Pooja's side of the room was a little 'girly' as compared to Naina's side. Pooja was unaware of Naina's original identity yet. So, she smiled warmly at Naina as she welcomed her. Naina on the other hand, got a bit uncomfortable. Ever since Naveen was accused as a traitor, Naina could read people's faces like an open book. She stared at Pooja for a few seconds, then she moved towards her side.

Pooja began her introduction as soon as Naina sat down on her bed. 

"Hello, mere handset ka naam Pooja Ghai hai. Aaj hi is academy me mera SIM card insert hua hai. Tere handset ka kaun sa model hai?" She said in her cheery voice and Naina took a second to process her words.

'Handset? SIM Card? Model? What is she talking about?' Naina thought to herself.

"Umm... mera naam Naina hai." Naina said in a low voice. She was now used to hiding her real identity. 

Naina was aware of the dreadful fact that soon enough, maybe after a few minutes, even Pooja will become aware of Naina's real name, so she just wanted to feel what being a normal cadet in an academy felt like. 

"Tera is academy ke network area mein aane ke peechhe kya karan hai?" Pooja asked as she failed to see Naina's now paled face.

"Main to apne Rohit ka network catch karne yahan ayi hu." Pooja said in a bubbly voice as she got busy in organizing her clothes in the cupboard.

Naina understood that she meant it normally, not in an enquiring or suspicious way.

"Ah... yun hi." She answered.

"Yun hi? Oye aise kaise?" Pooja was slightly taken aback by Naina's nonchalant answer.

In reply, Naina just shrugged her shoulders and then she too, got busy in arranging her things.

Here, Brigadier Chandok had already gave a heads up to the faculties. As mentioned earlier, he may look like he didn't care but in reality he was well aware of the psychology of the new cadets. Therefore, he made to sure to schedule a meeting for the faculties with Dr. Ritu, the psychologist for the cadets. Dr. Ritu Mishra was part of the SSB board psychology team. Therefore, she had all the records of how the cadets did in their psychological tests in the screening phase.  

The only exception was Cadet Alekh Sharma. She had no idea why the selection board would select an ex-convict like him. His records was not so impressive, apart from the fact that the boy managed to score a good score and even a good All-India rank. 

The faculties, Capt. Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, Capt. Dr. Shalini Singhal, Maj. Prabhat Nair, Sub. Maj. Lolita Sen, Sub. Suri ji were informed of the meeting.

But here, a new 'accident' took place in the girls hostel.

It was late at night. Pooja and Naina were were fast asleep when suddenly Naina woke by rustling of the branches outside her window.

Since the lights were off, she was not able to see anything but was shocked the next moment, when she could clearly see a silhouette of a young man.

She and Pooja woke up in alarm. But it seemed like the other person was too busy in glancing around the room that he didn't notice the two girls in front of him.

Naina's instinct's overpowered her as she gestured Pooja to call security. 

The young man, still unaware of the situation, sat down calmly in Pooja's now vacant bed.

Naina moved towards the switch and turned on the lights to see the intruder.

The young man was startled by the sudden blinding lights but then stood enchanted, seeing the girl in front of her. She looked nervous but at the same time, her stance told him that she wouldn't hesitate to break his bones.