Chapter 9

"Good morning, Cadets. Cadet Huda and Cadet Ahluwalia, step forward." Major Nair said in a no-nonsense tone.

Naina glared at Huda who just smiled cheekily at her. Naina huffed and looked at Major.

"Since, aap dono ki dosti ke kisse kaafi sunne mein mil rahe hein kal se, you both are going to be a team for the drill today. Any objections?" Major Nair smirked at both of then, specifically at Naina. He felt deep satisfaction, seeing her riled up like that.

'Come on, Naina. Bas ek baar... ek baar is arrangement ke liye mana kar ke dekho, then I'll have the perfect reason to get you suspended from the training. You may have joined the training. Par iska matlab ye nahi ki tum ye training kar paogi.' Major Nair felt proud of his evil plan.

Naina on the other hand, was very well aware of the mind-game that was being played by the Major. 

"No Sir." Naina replied confidently and gave a small smile to the Major, letting him know that clearly she had the upper hand here.

If it was a cartoon, the cadets could have surely seen smoke out of Major Nair's ears.

Huda on the other hand was different story. He assumed, mind you, assumed, that Naina was happy with this arrangement after seeing the smile on her face.

"Very well, back to your positions. Now, there will be two teams - seekers and hiders. The 'Hiders' Team will have the first go. Hiding the clues and evidences is one of the most important traits that a soldier should have. Therefore, each team will hide the artifact that will be given to you in a few moments. After the hiders have returned back to the base, the team of seekers will go to find the artifact with the help of some clues that you will be given after the former teams return. The objective of this drill are simple: 1. Team-work and mutual understanding. 2. Analysis and navigation to resolve the situation. 3. Ability to solve the situation in limited time in an unknown surrounding. Any doubts?" Major Nair yelled.

"No Sir." The cadets replied with equal fervor.

"The hiders... step forward and begin the drill." He said as he went to back to sit on his chair and drink his coffee.

Soon, it was time for Naina and Huda to find the artifact that was marked on the map.

As they went deeper in the jungle, Naina sweetly whispered to Huda.... sweetly... Naina... all good, right?

"Huda, see what a beautiful place this is..." She said in a sickly sweet voice.

It took Huda almost 10 seconds to process that Naina was indeed talking to him.

"Oye Phoolan, you are talking to me... ME...." He yelled back enthusiastically. "Of course, this place is very beautiful..." He replied with a goofy smile.

"Yup.... beautiful indeed.... to hide a dead body. You know, if I kill you now and hide your corpse here, then no one will ever find you." She said in dangerous whisper and Huda squeaked like a mouse and jumped away from her in fear.

"Mummyji... kya khatarnak janani hai ye... ab kya kar diya maine...?" He said but kept his safe distance from her.

"Kiya nahi hai... but just to remind you ki agar kuchh kiya to yaad rakhna maine abhi jo kaha..." Naina smirked and went ahead of him.

"Hey uparwale... sahi naam kaha maine... phoolan hai... phoolan nahi chudail hai... isse bach ke rehna, Huda... warna tu kunwara hi marega... bhoot pishach nikat nahi aave.........." He kept whispering words of encouragement to himself.

Naina reached the point which was marked on the map, the only problem was the place was way up from where she was.

"Abe phoolan yar kab se tujhse paani maang raha hu. Paani de de na yar. Maine kya bigada hai tera? Are sorry bhi to bola tha na. Are please na yar... sun to sahi... Phoolan... Phoolaaannnnnnn....." Huda kept whining behind Naina just to irritate her.