Chapter 4

The conditions in the boys hostel was not any better. 

Cadet Ali Baig expressed his discomfort in sharing the room with ex-convict Cadet Alekh Sharma.

On the other hand, Cadet Yaduvansh Sahni was trying to handle the over-energetic personality of his roommate, aka, Cadet Amardeep Huda.

Rajveer woke up on hearing commotion.

'Kamal ho gaya. Officially first class bhi nahi lagi or hungama pehle shuru ho gaya.' He thought to himself as he went outside to check.

He reached the hall to see Brigadier Chandok grilling a first year cadet. The cadet on the other hand didn't look too scared. Rajveer shook his head seeing the immaturity of the cadet.

"I will not tolerate this kind of behavior inside the academy. Major Nair, I need you to keep a special eye on this cadet. Apni ye over-smartness bahar chhod kar aana chahiye tha tumhe. Aaj tum jis academy ke andar khade ho, wahan pahunchne ka bahuton ka sapna sirf sapna hi reh jata hai. Ye first time hai isliye warning de kar chhod raha hu. Agli baar apne saman ke sath is gate ke bahar dikhayi doge." He scolded him. 

Huda's face paled hearing his warning. Dr. Shalini gestured him to apologize for his mistake immediately.

"Oye maaf kar dena tau..." He began.

"Tau?" Brigadier turned around in shock.

"Mere kehne ka matlab hai, Sir... Maaf kar dijiye sir. Dobara aisa kabhi nahi hoga. Wo to main galti se girls hostel chala gaya. Dobara nahi karunga. Maaf kar do is jatt ko." He joined his hands and shook his head.

Brigadier just nodded his head and went back to his quarters. 

Here Major Prabhat Nair called a senior.

"Le kar jao apne is junior ko aur apne juniors ka dhyan rakhna." He said smirking.

Huda, unaware of the hidden meaning of the sentence, sighed in relief.

Here, Shalini and others shook their head seeing the childishness of the younger cadet.

"Bhagwan jaane is saal ke cadets ka kya hi hona hai." She said and left from there.

Rajveer went towards the senior cadet and said, "Let them rest for tonight. Start the ragda from tomorrow. And remember, humein unhe train karna hai.... par un sab ki limits ko dhyan ko dhyan rakhte hue. I hope you all are understanding my point." He said with a gentle smile and the senior cadets nodded in response.

Even though it had just been a few hours since Rajveer came here and met the senior cadets, he already became their favorite due to his gentle nature. Rajveer made it clear for them that in the academy hours he was their teacher and mentor, but after the academy hours he was just their senior. This made the cadets comfortable around him. Being a pass-out of the same academy, he was very well aware of the mind-set of young cadets and therefore believed in nurturing them and supporting them in a way that brought out their strengths and qualities.

On his way back, he heard Ms. Lolita telling  Major Nair, "Yeah, this boy was in the room of that cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia." She said, almost irritated.

"Pata nahi Brigadier Sir ne ek gaddar ki behen ko allow kaise kar diya. How can he do this? This is unfair to all those dedicated cadets who gave their best. Quite possibly, agar Naina Singh ko allow nahi kiya jata to uski jagah koi aur deserving cadet yahan is academy mein hota." Major Nair spit out.

"Aur kaun gaddar hai aur kaun nahi, ye label lagane ka right apko kisne de diya, Major?" Rajveer said with a smile but that was a silent blow to Major.

"Kyun Captain, bura lag raha hai apne best friend ki behen ke baare mein sach jaan kar? Khair, you didn't even believe the truth when Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia was declared a traitor. So this isn't a surprise. Although I am curious, kahin apne hi to special sifarish nahi ki apne dost ki behen ko academy me allow karne ke liye?" Major Nair provoked Rajveer.

Rajveer clenched his fists to his side, tightly. Suri ji immediately placed his hand on Rajveer's shoulder and whispered in his ears, "Jaane de puttar. Chhad ise. Tenu uksa raha hai. Iski baaton nu dil vich na laga. Chal." He said in a fatherly voice.

'Kya sach tha aur kya jhooth... wo to bahut jald hi sabke samne aa jayega. Us sach ko sab ke samne laane ke liye hi to main yahan itne saalon ke baad lauta hu.' Rajveer said in his mind.

He retired to his room but on his way back, his mind kept going back to the girl who was unaware of all this. 

'No matter what happens Raj, agar yahan ki conditions ye hain, then 100% they are not going to let her train in peace. Ye log use target zarur karenge. I'll have to make sure that she stays out of this mess.' He promised himself as he felt a sudden rush of protectiveness for his best friend's younger sister.

Here, Huda was back in the boys hostel and was proudly telling about 'Huda's Adventures of Girls Hostel'. All the boys sat around him as none of them imagined to hear such an incident on the very first day.

"Oye fir kya tha.... maine us janani ka hath pakda aur usse kaha ki 'khubsurat ladkiyan gusse mein aur bhi khubsurat lagti hain'" He said and others laughed at his joking behavior.

Ali shook his head at their crazy behavior and went to sleep. Alekh too, looked at them disinterested and left from there. Yudi being a bit timid, gave them all an awkward smile and left to sleep.

Ali stared at Alekh as he entered and laid on his bed.

Alekh got irked by this and said, "Kya shane? Idhar kya dekh raha hai? Apun ko bhi idhar rehne ka shouq nahi hai. Chup-chap so jaa... apun ka bheja garam nahi karne ka... samjha?" 

Ali gulped in fear and immediately turned off the lights.

HELLO EVERYONE. HERE IT IS. LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES.

ALSO, THE UPDATES ARE GOING TO BE REALLY IRREGULAR FROM NOW ON. THE REASON... WELL... HOW DO I PUT THIS... LET'S JUST SAY THAT SOMETHING THAT I HAVE ALWAYS DREAMED ABOUT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I HAVE A CHANCE TO MAKE IT REALITY AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO MESS IT UP. I AM SUPER-STRESSED. SO, YEAH... WELL... THAT'S THE STORY.

P.S. I NEED YOUR WISHES GUYS. WISH ME LUCK. 

LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL. TAKE CARE ❤️

NEXT UPDATE WILL BE ON : NOT DECIDED YET

WORD COUNT : 1086 WORDS

DATE : APRIL 08, 2023