1.3

fair warning!
chapter will be much longer than the previous ones. i'm finishing up with the vault intro as i'm impatient to get roisin to hogwarts. i apologize if you find the length unappealing, but that's my plan.

you may proceed.

ೃ⁀➷

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   . 
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛
❀ ' ɢᴏʙʟɪɴs ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀɪɴɢᴏᴛᴛs ₊˚.༄ ೃ -
H̴̦̝̽͝͝o̴̘͔̦̾͊͑g̸͍̼̈́͑͠w̵͙̔̓̕͜ä̵̞͉̟́̾͆ŕ̸͉̫̙̚͝t̵͇̻͎͌͊͑s̴̺͚̺̐͆͘ L̴̻̞͖͊̈́͘e̴̫͕̠̽̓͝g̵̟̠͖̔̐̚a̸͙͙̘͌͝c̵̝͇͙̐͊y̵̢̙̫̒͛͋
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"WHERE ARE WE?" Roisin asks, slowly spinning around with a slack jaw and wide blue eyes.

Suns and circles and lines decorate the shiny ivory floors, her reflection staring back at her beneath her feet. A chandelier of string diamond crystals glints above her head through the ragged formations of stalactites across the ceiling. Marble pillars line the room with ropes blocking off access to halls and gates sectioning off what looks to be a vault. Snores echo from the podium in the middle of the room, but Roisin can't tell who's there.

"I don't believe it." Professor Fig breathes, having not either heard Roisin's question or choosing to not answer.

Roisin leans down and gathers Áine in her arms, taking the corner of her lip between her teeth and exchanging a glance with Professor Fig. With cautious footsteps, she approaches the podium.

"Hello?" Roisin calls out, but snoring continues besides a little snort at her voice.

Her and Professor Fig share another glance, this one of uneasiness. He motions for her to stay back as he gets closer to the podium. She glances around the room as her fingers run through Áine's fur and Professor Fog tries to awaken the sleeper by politely clearing his throat. A snicker slips past her before she could stop it as the snores only seem to get louder with each throat clear of the professor and he sends a scolding glare over his shoulder that barely had any heat to it.

When Professor Fig clears his throat louder, Roisin recoils at the startled yell and stifles a chuckle as the goblin almost falls from his chair. His sharply long nails cling to his very large book to right himself, strawy-like gray hair combed back exhibiting his large pointed ears and beady eyes of black scleras and grey irises. Age spots mar his wide forehead and Roisin tries to hide her grimace at the pointy teeth in the shadows of his mouth as his lips part.

The goblin blinks vigorously as if he's trying to convince himself they are standing in front of him. "It can't be. Just a moment." This time, Roisin shares a befuddled eye with Professor Fig as they wait on the goblin to climb down from his perch. The goblin bows with a flourish once he's before them. "Welcome to Gringotts Wizarding Bank."