1.4

ೃ⁀➷

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   . 
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜
❀ ' ᴀ ғᴇᴀsᴛ ɪɴ ɢᴏᴏᴅ sᴘɪʀɪᴛs ₊˚.༄ ೃ -
H̴̦̝̽͝͝o̴̘͔̦̾͊͑g̸͍̼̈́͑͠w̵͙̔̓̕͜ä̵̞͉̟́̾͆ŕ̸͉̫̙̚͝t̵͇̻͎͌͊͑s̴̺͚̺̐͆͘ L̴̻̞͖͊̈́͘e̴̫͕̠̽̓͝g̵̟̠͖̔̐̚a̸͙͙̘͌͝c̵̝͇͙̐͊y̵̢̙̫̒͛͋
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

   IT'S DECIDED. The Hogwarts Castle is better in person than her dreams and the pictures books have provided. Roisin couldn't hide her awe once her and Professor Fig walked onto the school grounds. It was a wonderful sight indeed seeing the vast castle of seven floors and over a hundred staircases covered in the shadows of night on a backdrop of a gleaming full moon and ghastly clouds. If it wasn't for the lights in the various windows one would think it's a historical place abandoned to time. It's an ironic sort of thinking as the castle is spelled to bewitch the most curious of Muggles, turning them away in the illusion of it being nothing more than a deteriorating ruin closed off with warnings and trespassing signs.

A smile beautifies Roisin's face throughout the boat ride from the little town the Hogwarts Express was docked in across the lake. They glided across the water like a dull knife cutting through softened butter. Roisin remembers the letter her older sister sent home not long after the start of her first year of how amazing it is to witness seeing the castle for the first time from the Black Lake in a boat. She finally realizes the feeling her sister had trouble explaining in that letter as she gets her own experience. It's quite magnificent.

As they reached a cliff, she ducks her head at Professor Fig's order as the boat carries them through a curtain of ivy hiding a wide opening in the cliff face. They're greeted by a dark tunnel with a warm light at the end and as they're bathed in that light, Roisin comes to find an underground harbor of sorts right beneath the school. Professor Fig docks the boat and Roisin takes Áine in her arms before clambering out after the Professor with his helping hand. She treks after him up a passageway in the rocks where they emerge in a patch of damp grass hidden in the shadows of the castle.

The click-clacking of the heels of her boots reverberates in Roisin's ears in time with her thumping heart as she follows Professor Fig up a flight of stone stairs. Her heart only seems to beat louder and thump harder as they approach a beautiful set of great, big oak doors. Roisin sets Áine down at her feet as her palms begin to sweat at the muffled noise behind the doors of squealing laughter and vivacious jabbering.

Professor Fig cracks one of the doors open and takes a peek, soon drawing back to face Roisin as the door quietly shuts. "Fantastic! We're just in time for the sorting. The first years are waiting in the Chamber, but Professor Weasley isn't in there. I assume she's prepping the ceremony." He notices the fidgeting of Roisin. "Nervous?"