Do You Love Me? 🍬 anivinity

WRITTEN BY: anivinity

SONG: YOUNG LUV (STAYC)

My love's so young
I'm                   young
달콤한                 나이
너만 바라볼  순 없어

🍬

– HAN JISUNG –

"Do you love me?"

Those words echoed and resonated, his smile fading like the blizzard of snowflakes that tickled his face. He felt a small flutter in the midst of his body, the warmth of his body diminishing as he awaited an answer from what was supposed to be the person opposite to him. Until, he realized a crucial detail. He was not talking to anyone.

The streetlight almost blinded him and he scoffed as he shivered in his mittens and woolen coat, finding the timing of the piercing wind ironic.

Han Jisung was rehearsing. He was practicing to finally speak these words to the very person he loved, like his life depended on it. Like a script, he altered, deleted, and edited the words to no end. And yet, after all that, he wasn't satisfied. He wasn't ready to admit his true thoughts to her.

Just like his freezing hands of anxiety, Jisung couldn't grapple onto reality as he wanted. Not when he was with her. But just as he couldn't hold onto himself, would his fragile heart crack as well?

"Han told me to meet him in the park, but I didn't expect to find a frozen pile of shit here instead," a feminine, musical voice rang out through the passing wind. "I wonder, should I move this out of the way?"

"Ha, ha." He chuckled in monotone sarcasm, sitting up in the snow. "Very funny, Hwayoung, but I'm right here."

She folded her arms, the ruffling of her rain jacket distracting him slightly. "Really? I didn't notice."

Jisung's facade cracked, and he hid his grin behind a sigh. He patted the powdery ice blanket next to him, gesturing to her to sit down with him.

There was a long silence as they both stared at the glowing buildings colliding with the stars. They attempted to break the silence at the same time.

"How have you-"
"You're wearing-"

There was a pause, both of their faces red with embarrassment. Hwayoung laughed it off first, hiding her burning ear by throwing her auburn locks over it.