lactose intolerant 🍬 notahairnomore

WRITTEN BY: notahairnomore

SONG: Some (Bol4)

그냥 좋아한단    말도
안 되는               가요?
솔직                 하게 난
말하고              싶어요

🍬

– LEE JAEHYUN –

Meeting Hyunjae wasn't the meet-cute everyone wants. It was an event mainly influenced by our sleep-deprived stupidity.

"Are you telling this story again? Oh my gosh, it wasn't that embarrassing! And the only sleep-deprived one there was you!"

"You weren't the one shitting planets after that drink! And shut up, let me tell the story!"

In hindsight, I shouldn't have been wandering around campus at 1 am. I should've been in bed, prepared to wake up super early to finish a project due that morning. However, I found myself instead working into the late hours, unable to sleep. So there I was, at a coffee shop to buy tea so that, just maybe, I'd be able to fall asleep..

The first thing I noticed walking into the cafe was that the bell had the worst sound I'd ever heard before. Like, most bells have sweet jingles and pleasant sounds. This one was ugly and short.

"Stop roasting our cafe bell and tell the story!"

The second thing I noticed was that the coffee shop worker was really attractive. Even with his dark circles and eye bags, I found myself zoning out staring at him.

"Are you going to order something, or do you need longer to stare at me?"

"Oh! Um... can I get a black tea?"

He scrunched his nose. "Ew. At least put some milk in that or something."

"See, no normal barista getting their eight hours would insult their customer's taste."

"In my defense, anything that bitter is a crime."

I crossed my arms. "What, are you judging my tea order?"

"You're lucky that I'm not judging the fact that you're ordering tea at a coffee shop. Coffee's in the name for a reason," he responded. He started to make my drink, and suddenly, I felt anger wash over me.

"Fine. Add milk and honey, please..." her eyes wandered down to his name tag, "...Hyunjae."

Now might be the right time to mention that I'm lactose intolerant. Incredibly lactose intolerant.