if i could have you 🍬 shuawons

WRITTEN BY: shuawons

SONG: Ditto (New Jeans)

기다렸지          all          this
time.           do               you
want      somebody    like
i    want         somebody?

🍬

– PARK SUNGHOON –

If Yun were being honest, the worst part of falling in love with Park Sunghoon was the fact that she would never be able to tell him. Not because she was afraid of rejection, but because of how horribly painful it was to have to watch other people come up to him and ask him to be their Valentine.

Yun had never been a big fan of Valentine's Day, especially because she never had anyone to spend it with. Watching all these people walk side by side with their partners, smiling and laughing, not caring how stupidly in love they looked — it annoyed her, so much to the extent of anger. Sunghoon never understood why Yun was always so angry around the month of February, and she thought it was best to keep it that way. What he did understand, however, was the feeling of liking someone so much you felt your heart could explode.

"They look so dumb," Yun mumbled, breaking the tip of her pencil from pressing to hard on it. Sunghoon noticed her knuckles turn a light shade a red and sighed, reaching into his pocket and giving her his own. "All 'lovey-dovey' with the stupid look on their faces— god, I can't stand them."

"You could be a little nicer about it," Sunghoon suggested, watching as she angrily scribbled over her trigonometry homework. Another thing he'd noticed about Yun — she had a habit of purposely writing down the wrong answers so their teachers never called on her. It worked, but her grades only suffered until finals day, where she'd never scored less than a 95%. "It's cosine," he pointed out.

"I know."

"Then why'd you write sine over cosine?"

"You know why I do it, Sunghoon," she said, her voice a lot softer than a few moment before. "Just—" She sighed, clearly frustrated. "Don't ask stupid questions, okay?"

Yun always watched her tone around Sunghoon, aware of how sensitive the boy could be. She never meant to be mean to him — he knew that. Still, he couldn't help but feel that deep down, she held some sort of hostility towards him, even though she continuously told him otherwise.

"D'you wanna hang out later?" Sunghoon asked, attempting to distract her from the annoying couples.

"What do you mean by 'hang out,' Park?"