Chapter 2

Back at camp, Carl, Lori, Shane, Glenn, T-Dog, Dale, Jim, Jacqui Amy and Andrea were sitting around a campfire.

It was noon, so right now they were having lunch, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere that the forest provided them. Although Lori looked worried on her face.

The reason for this was her eldest son. Whenever he went in search of provisions she was always extremely worried.

This time was no different, but what worried her the most was the fact that he was alone. There would be no one around to help him if necessary.

"Lori, is something wrong?" Jacqui asked softly noticing her expression.

"No. Don't worry. I'm fine." She lied so as not to worry her youngest son.

She didn't want Carl to be mentally tormenting himself about whether or not his brother was safe.

"It's for Alex, isn't it?" Glenn sensed, also worried about his friend.

From the previous times they'd gone on expeditions together, Glenn knew full well that Alexander was capable of taking care of himself.

He couldn't help but have a bad feeling about not being with him. Going to the city was dangerous, and even more so alone.

When they were together they watched each other's back, but now he wouldn't be there to do it if necessary because of his cough.

"Don't worry, Alex knows what he's doing. He'll be fine." Shane assured in an attempt to reassure Lori.

"Yes. Yes, you're right." She agreed, trying to convince herself that this was true.

Something inside her told her that this was not true, but she decided to ignore that bad feeling.

Her son would be fine. She was sure of it.

----------

The four men continued to search the store for Alexander while Roger kept watch at the door.

He saw that one of those who carried a gun was approaching where he was hiding.

He took a deep breath and mentally prepared himself for what he would do next.

He came out of hiding and, wasting no time, shot the man approaching his location in the chest before running for cover behind a counter.

"What the fuck!?" Exclaimed the one who was holding the shotgun in an altered way.

"Take cover!" The leader yelled before moving behind a pillar to use as cover.

"Fuck! That bastard killed Dave!" Commented Roger, who had hidden behind another counter.

"Did anyone see where he is!?" The leader asked somewhat nervous.

One of his men had just died and he didn't know where his killer was, which honestly made him nervous.

When they saw Alexander on the streets, they thought he was just a harmless child. Someone who posed no threat.

How wrong they were.

For his part, Alexander was still kneeling behind the counter feeling as if his stomach was being eaten from the inside.