Chapter 12

The group from Atlanta packed up their things to take them inside the house as Hershel had allowed them to do so after what happened with Dale the previous day.

Alexander and Glenn were preparing to put their things in a corner of the main room when Maggie arrived.

"You can put your things in my bedroom." She told Glenn.

"How discreet." Alexander said amused as he raised and lowered his eyebrows.

"Shut up." Glenn said as he elbowed him before looking at Maggie. "With your father in the house?" He asked as Maggie walked over. "I better leave my stuff over there." He added before walking away, as did Maggie.

After leaving his things, Alexander went to Beth's room to hang out.

Arriving, he knocked on the door, receiving Beth's permission to enter.

"Hi blondie." He waved as he closed the door behind him. "I just came to let you know that you'll probably be aunt soon." He said remembering what he saw below.

"You mean Maggie and Glenn? If so, you'll be the godfather. You're Glenn's best friend, right?" She asked following the joke as she sat on the bed with his legs stretched out.

"If so, that child is lost." He joked as he sat down next to Beth's legs.

"Hehe." She laughed slightly.

"Are you sure you're not an angel?" He asked thinking that that laugh would melt even the coldest heart.

"What are you taking about?" She asked somewhat nervous and confused.

"Nothing, nothing, it's just my idiocy. By the way, now that we live under the same roof, I think we should set some rules." He said trying to amuse Beth, which he was succeeding.

"Rules?" She asked smiling.

"Rule number one, let's not talk in front of your father unless you want him to kill me, of course." He said looking at her as he held up a finger.

"Heh, alright. Rule number two, you'll have to talk with me for a while at night." Beth said playing along.

"Mm, I'm not complaining. Rule number three, don't be adorable, although I think that's unfair, since everything about you is adorable." He said trying to make her nervous, which he succeeded.

He may be starting to have feelings for Beth, plus Jimmy was never there for her when she needed emotional support.

He knew falling in love in this world sucked, but he couldn't help but start to feel attracted to Beth. She was nice, gentle, with a kind heart, all things which always attracted him in a woman.

"Th- thank you." She thanked blushing as she looked down nervously.

"You're welcome. Well, I'll leave you, I have things to unpack." He said as he got up and walked away, leaving a thoughtful Beth.

She knew she liked Alexander, but that was wrong, she was with Jimmy, she was supposed to prefer him, but she wasn't.

Alexander had been with her when she needed support. He listened to her, advised her and cared about her.

Her heart raced when they were together even more so with the compliments he gave her.

She was definitely falling in love.

● ● ● ● ●

Alexander was helping Daryl load the van in which he and Rick were going to drop Randall off.

His father had decided that they would not kill him, but rather leave him far from the farm as they had originally planned, something that both Shane and Alexander disliked.