Chapter 5

Alexander, Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and T-Dog could be seen running across the pavement in the middle of the night.

They had been running for hours, taking breaks every once in a while to recharge their energies and not leave themselves vulnerable from exhaustion to possible attack by walkers.

Suddenly, they began to hear shots and shouts, so they hastened their pace.

Arriving at the camp, they saw that a horde was attacking people who couldn't get to safety.

Without hesitating for a second, the five started shooting, taking out a few walkers.

Finishing off the last walker, Alexander approached his family, who were hugging each other in relief that they were okay.

Reaching their side, his mother quickly joined him in the hug, relieved that both her husband and her son have returned.

Breaking away from the embrace, Alexander looked around for his godfather. When he find him, he went to him to hug him tightly, Shane hugging back, relieved that his godson was okay.

Many had died tonight, including Amy.

This event Alexander know that the camp was no longer safe, so they had to find a new refuge.

● ● ● ● ●

The next day, Shane, Alexander, Rick, Lori, Carol, and Dale could be seen looking at Andrea, who was still next to her sister's body.

"Still not moving?" Rick asked.

"Not even, he was there all night." Lori replied. "What do we do?" She asked doubtfully.

"We can't leave Amy like this, we have to figure it out, like with the others" Shane replied.

"We should just leave her alone. Her sister just died, everyone deals with it their way, if that's her way, so be it." Alexander opined.

"And what will happen when she transforms?" Dale asked him.

"One of two, either Andrea does what she has to do or she lets herself be killed." He replied like nothing.

"We can't let that happen." Lori told them.

"I'll explain it to him." Rick said and then approached Andrea, which didn't go well, as Andrea pointed her gun at him until he left and returned with the others.

"Are you serious?. We can't depend on her, the dead girl is a ticking time bomb." Daryl said after the situation was explained to him.

"What do you suggest we do?" Rick asked already tired.

"Shoot her. Clean, to the brain, from here. There's no way I'll miss from this distance." He said confidently.

"Leave her alone. Let her do it her way." Alexander said.

After saying this, Alexander walked away to think for a moment, they had to leave the camp and look for a new refuge, but where they were going, the city was infested with walkers, so they had to find a place away from civilization and settle there. Most of the walkers are in the cities, so being away from them they may not encounter many.

His thoughts were interrupted as he heard Jacqui yell that a walker had bitten Jim.

T-Dog grabbed him from behind as he grabbed a shovel to defend himself, while Daryl lifted his shirt showing his stomach, where there was a bite.