Chapter 9

Rick, Shane, Alexander and Jimmy were around a truck planning the search for Sophia looking at the map, which on the vehicle's capo, while ate some peaches that Glenn gave them.

Alexander would no longer participate in her search, but that doesn't mean that he won't help them to Planeala.

Daryl found Sophia's doll, but this meant nothing. The doll could have been there for days.

"We want to join today's shooting." Beth informed arriving them with Patricia.

"Hershel was very clear, I can't include any of you in what we do without your permission." Rick told them.

"He doesn't like it, but he accepted it." Beth mentioned.

"Otis was the only one who knew how to use weapons. Now that he is not ... we have to learn to protect ourselves. Her father understood." Patricia said referring to Hershel.

"Don't be offended, but I will ask Hershel." Rick said trying to avoid more inconveniences.

"Jimmy also said that Hershel had given him permission when it wasn't. We just want to make sure not to cause problems." Alexander added trying to show that it was not that they distrust them, but wanted to avoid problems.

Then he went with Shane to talk to Carl, who looked something strange.

"Hey, nice hat friend!" Shane said as they got to his side.

"Something happens?" Alexander asked noticing his brother's behavior.

"I want to learn to shoot, do you teach me?" He asked seriously.

"Emm, well, that depends on mom and dad." Alexander said.

"Can you talk to them? They pay attention to you." Carl said hopeful that they will help him.

"We'll see, okay?" Shane said to then see how Carl tried to leave. "Hey, show me that you have there." He said stopping him.

Knowing that he had no choice, Carl raised his shirt showing a weapon inside his pants.

Minutes later, Rick, Lori, Alexander and Dale were arguing what happened while Carl was sitting somewhat away.

"How the hell did this happen?" Lori asked altered.

"Well, it's my fault, I let him enter the rv. He said he wanted a transmitter you had asked." Dale replied.

"So, in addition to everything, he lied." Lori said even more angry.

"It is not the end of the world." Alexander said tired of his mother's behavior.

"He wants to learn to shoot. He asked us to teach him." Shane informed. "I know that is not my business but I will gladly do it. It's your decision."

"Well, I don't like the idea." Lori said refusing to the fact that her youngest son has a gun.

"He needs protection, we will not always be there to do it." Alexander said trying to convince his mother.

"I think here is safe. I don't want him to walk with a gun." Lori retorted flatly.

"Yes but, for how long? You think this place will last forever. Sooner or later we must leave and I prefer that Carl knows how to defend himself when it happens." Alexander said starting to get angry with his mother's stupid behavior.

"No." Lori refused. "It didn't seem good to me that he went to the forest with you and hopefully I would have said something, I had to follow my instinct." She added stubbornly.

"He is growing! Thank God. We must start treating as an adult." Rick intervened putting himself on his son's side.

"Well, act as such, it's not so mature as to wear a gun." Lori retorted still refusing the idea.