Chapter 10

After seeing that Alexander will shoot the walking version of Sophia and seeing that everything was over, silence reigned over the place.

"Don't look, don't look." Daryl was saying to Carol as he helped her up.

Carol broke free of his grasp and ran away, mourning the loss of her daughter.

Seconds later, Beth approached the corpse of a walker who was her mother, wich was still alive and grabbed her ankle while trying to bite her, causing Beth to fall backwards.

As everyone went to help her, the sound of a gunshot echoed through the air.

They looked in the direction of the sound only to see Alexander with his gun up.

Beth cried as she was comforted by her family as they walked away, being followed by Shane, Rick, and Glenn.

● ● ● ● ●

Shane, Andrea, Alexander, T-Dog, and Jimmy could be seen preparing to dig three graves.

"Hey Jimmy, you should go check on Beth." Alexander told him looking at him seriously.

He didn't understand how he was here instead of supporting his girlfriend in this difficult time for her.

Seeing Alexander's look, he withdrew to do what he said while the rest started digging, which took a few minutes.

"Ready." T-Dog said once they finished making the holes.

"T-Dog, go call the rest while we bury them. Your arm's still bad, you shouldn't push it so hard." Alexander opined calmly.

"Yes you're right." He said then left to call the rest for the funeral while Alexander, Andrea and Shane buried the bodies.

After a few minutes, everyone was gathered in front of the graves in silence, honoring the memory of the deceased and then leaving.

Alexander was a little worried about Beth. It must not be very pleasant to see your own mother trying to eat you, but he knew that if he went over to talk to her it would only make things worse, so he kept busy putting the corpses of walkers in the back of a truck with the help of Andrea and T-Dog while Lori and Dale watched them.

"Just a couple more trips." Rick said coming up to them watching Andrea and T-Dog load a walker into the back of the truck.

"We were lucky. More of them would have outmatched us." Andrea assured tired.

"Luckily Alex and Shane did what they did." T-Dog said looking at Alexander, who was lifting a walker over his shoulder and then leaving it with the rest.

"You can't say this was okay." Dale retorted.

"No, you can't, Hershel will make us pay." Rick added looking at his son seriously.

"What was your plan, huh? To live the rest of our lives next to a barn that would be filled up with more and more walkers?" Alexander asked angrily.

"What you did was not right." Rick said also angrily.

His son's attitude had changed a lot lately and he didn't like it.

"It wasn't bad either. I won't deny that it wasn't the best way to do it, but that old man had to open his eyes. Eliminating the walkers wasn't planned for that moment, but I'm not complaining." Alexander said calmly.