Chapter 3

Alexander and Carl were playing catch while their mother and Amy were next to them cooking.

"Go ahead, I'm going out!" Lori told Dale, who was standing guard on the roof of her trailer. "Kids, stay within Dale's sight, okay?" She said looking at her children, who nodded.

"You too, don't go too far, stay within firing distance and if you see anything, yell at me, I'll go running!" Dale said before Lori left.

"Yes mom." She whispered before she walked away.

"Aren't you too old to run old man!?" Alexander asked mockingly raising his voice because Dale was a bit far away, making Carl and Amy chuckle.

"Don't tempt me to shoot you!" He threatened jokingly.

"Sorry, sorry!" He told him and then continue playing with his brother.

● ● ● ● ●

Alexander was standing next to Carl and Shane, who was teaching them how to tie a professional knot, when suddenly, T-Dog's voice came on the radio.

"Hello, hello. We have bad reception. Repeat, repeat." Dale said as he tried to communicate.

"Shane is that you?" T-Dog asked over the radio.

"Are they?" Lory asked.

"Yeah, it's T-Dog." Alexander replied.

"We're in trouble. We're stuck in the mall." T-Dog reported.

"Did he say they're trapped?" Shane asked.

"Yeah." Alexander answered vaguely. "Am I the only one paying attention or what?" He thought a bit irritated at the stupid questions.

"There are walkers everywhere, hundreds of them, we are surrounded." T-Dog informed of their situation.

"T-Dog repeat that last part. Repeat it." Dale said over the radio, but received no response.

"He said they're at the mall." Lori said.

"I heard it too." Dale said.

"He also said that they are surrounded by hundreds of walkers." Alexander added.

"Don't dream of it. We're not going to go looking for them. We're not going to risk the group either, everyone already knows that." Shane told Lori when he saw her coming towards him.

"So we're going to leave her there?" Amy asked referring to her sister.

"Hey Amy, I know it's not easy." He said trying to persuade her, which didn't work.

"She offered to go help us all!" She retorted angrily at the idea of not going to help her sister.

"I know, she knew the risks, didn't she? And if she's trapped, we lost her." He said trying to end the discussion. "We have to deal with it. There's nothing to do."

"Andrea is my sister son of a bitch." She retorted angrily before leaving.

Lori and Shane exchanged glances before she went after Amy.

"I think you didn't handle it very well." Alexander told him sarcastically.

After hearing what T-Dog said, he was somewhat worried about Merle and Glenn. They were his friends after all. He didn't want them to die.

"Yeah, yeah, shut up." Shane said, somewhat irritated by the situation, then approached Carl and stroked his hair while he told him that everything was fine.

"Is it okay with you if I go and try to help them? I can blast a few car horns to clear the way for them." Alexander asked.

It wasn't a bad plan. He knew he could do it, but he had to listen to Shane. He was the leader after all.