𝟎𝟐 | 𝐸𝑐𝑐𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑎𝑠𝑡...

༺ 𝙴𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚊𝚜𝚝: 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎... ༻
𝙿𝙾𝚅: 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊

Many would agree that a name says a fair amount about a person's identity, correct? Beatrix Prez and Sloan Gossard. Have to be two of the most hottest names ever created, and the rightful owners definitely live up to the righteous title of the joined syllables, which collide together as they tell a chain of events about the humans.

I fail to recall a single memory recently in my lifetime when I had this much fun, felt this alive, especially at 11 o'clock on a Tuesday night. Unsurprisingly, the fate of how my evening would progress was taken out of my boyfriend's hands, and was given to these two determined, hard-core, driven women, who are generously sprinkled with such a beaming, great confidence that they approached me, a diffident young woman they didn't know anything better of and had no idea about...but my bliss is unfortunately short-lived when my boyfriend, Elijah, wades through the large onslaught of happily drunk dancing bodies to get to mine, a look of fury spreading across his stubbled appearance.

"We're going home, Juliana." he carelessly reaches for my lone, unoccupied left hand that dangles beside my hipbone, insisting on taking the soft body part into his own embrace, as if promising me my exit, exactly as Beatrix steps between his colossal hand and my miniature one, stopping the action short.

"And who are you, pray tell, to tell her what she should and shouldn't do?" I easily sense every viable, able active muscle in my shaking body congealing grossly at Beatrix's dictatorial tone of voice, the manner in which she is speaking to my boyfriend what he would deem far worse than 'unacceptable'. But I have a strong feeling that if I shared that with her, she'd find it difficult to find an ounce of care in her body. "I'm her boyfriend. And who are you?"

"Beatrix Prez, and I'd kindly thank you not to stand so close to me." she states, realising her dislike at Elijah's looming, towering body over her own. A strong note or melody in Beatrix's dominant side speaks out to his usually childish and pouty self, and sensing the feeling of instruction, Elijah backs up by two steps, his hands in the air as a signal of his pitiful surrender. How on earth does this 5'9 woman hold so much power over him? "Apologies. Juliana, I'd like to go home."

I soak up Elijah's calm, anger-muted refined tone as much as I possibly can, like a sponge in a bath filled with steaming hot water just for me, but subconsciously knowing deep down, in the dark and dungeon-like pit of my nerve-filled stomach, there won't be a joyful reoccurrence of this experiential moment in the near, and potentially blissful future. Beatrix displays a grateful expression on her well-toned face, enjoying his respectful manner as much as I am. I sharply inhale the fresh, newfound confidence Sloan and Beatrix have kindly gifted me with, finding the liquid courage to say what I want, for once. "I'd like to stay a little longer...if that's alright with you."

As I spot obvious frustration grow at the speed of light upon his face, a self-destructive jade green vein is close to making a pop in Elijah's crimson forehead, my rebuttal sparking a feeling in him that I know all too well, a feeling that I've lived through time and time again since I was 18. "Juliana...I want to go home. Now."

A close-to-silent miserable, mindless sigh bubbles in the centre of my mouth, accepting the cruel defeat by forgetting the embarrassing attempts of arguing, and choosing the easier, effortless option by letting him bossily take my hand to drag me to our damaged home I hate with every breath in my body. "You heard the lady." Sloan thankfully, and somewhat gallantly steps in this time, stopping me from begrudgingly complying with Elijah's wishes, and slides a hand of compassion up and down the slope of my forearm from a position behind me, the light movement one I crave more contact of. "Who even are you two? We haven't met you before tonight. Since when do you dictate how I deal with my girlfriend?"