1|| No name

Diya hated Valentine's Day with a burning passion.

Which was weird because it fell on the same day as her birthday.

But Diya had her reasons.

Very good ones too.

She hated walking through her school and seeing soulmates all over each other, exchanging gifts, rubbing it in the other's single faces about how they had found 'The One'.

What she especially hated was watching single peoples' reactions. How they would sigh and stare longingly, touching the black inked name on their wrist with a soft hope.

At least those guys have hope, Diya thought with a sudden drop in her shoulders.

She frowned and shook her head, ridding herself of those ludicrous thoughts. Right now, she should focus on harnessing and improving her abilities. Getting that scholarship was her only way to escape this dreary life.

Barging past a couple too engrossed in each other to notice, she charged down the crowded hallway to her class like a runaway locomotive.

She pulled her dark curls over her right shoulder and fiddled with her gold hoop earrings. She adjusted her bangles, making sure they covered her wrist. Diya took three deep breaths and, clutching her books tightly, walked into her classroom.

"What the hell?!" she whispered, jaw dropped as horror struck her to the core. She gagged at the tarnished and overpowering stench of fresh paint.

The usually tidy room, with its grey walls proudly displaying student's work and various English resources, now looked like it had lost a fight with several cans of pink paint.

Everything was covered in various shades of pink. Every single fucking thing.

And as if that wasn't enough to make her throw up, her sorta-but-not-really friend sashayed up to Diya, lovesick soulmate in tow.

Diya rolled her eyes, ignoring the way her stomach clenched, and prepared for the upcoming, excruciating conversation she avoided over the weekend by conveniently 'misplacing' her communication orb.

"DEE-YUH!" Celine screeched, grabbing Diya's arm in a frantic frenzy. "Ohmygosh girl! You haven't, like, been responding to any of my calls this weekend!"

There's a reason for that, you manure for brains bitch.

"Oh, I've just, uh, been busy!" Diya forced a tight smile, and shifted her attention to the lanky boy beside Celine. "Hey, Jack."

"Hey, Diya," Jack responded, not looking at her but rather at Celine. Diya could have sworn she saw hearts in his eyes.

Celine sighed dreamily and rested her head on the shorter boy's shoulder, staring at the monstrosity that was their classroom, "Isn't it beautiful? I helped design it, y'know! All ready for Valentine's week!"

Beautiful was the last word that came to Diya's mind. Nauseating was better suited, along with a few expletives she hid behind a tight smile.

Celine reminded her of yet another thing she hated about Valentine's Day. At their school, it lasted an entire week.

"Oh joy!" Diya said through gritted teeth, not bothering to hide her sarcasm.

Celine grabbed Diya's right wrist -this act alone considered a gross invasion of privacy- and pushed back the cheap plastic bangles. They shifted with an artificial clink!. The exposure of bare, brown skin felt invasive- a personal attack into her privacy.

Green eyes rounding and the corners of her mouth turning down, Celine's expression fell. With a blink of her glittery lashes, she looked up at Diya, "Still no name?"