Chapter 7

The air had become stuffy to suffocate me. The ground seemed too far from my sight and everything that stood in front of me existed in duplicates. I was so confused and sad that I wanted to escape from the world, most especially from Willick.

"My princess, you need to go and see the king," Clara said.

I looked at Willick again, his gaze was still on his feet. My heart was breaking. I grabbed his hand and drew him along – I needed him to know what I felt about the prince who had come to propose marriage. I was happy he didn't say anything and just followed me, while I ignored Clara's objection.

I was about to draw him along into the guest chamber where I knew dad and the prince would be, but he withdrew his hand and shook his head.

"I can't go in with you, my princess."

My heart ached and I just had to hold back the tears that were forming in my eyes. "I won't accept him."

He shot his eyes at me before he lowered his gaze. "You should. A princess should marry a prince."

I made to move closer to him, but then the door opened and dad came out, placing a hand on my shoulder. Silence kicked in, and when I turned to him, he was staring at Willick – his eyes were filled with a confused rage. I quickly turned him around and pushed him in.

The prince rose to his feet and smiled. "My princess," he said as he bowed, while swinging his right hand in the air in front of him. I sighed deeply. I would never give him my heart. I was determined to never let myself admire anything about him, so I kept my sight away from him.

"Dad, can we talk?"

"Yes, my angel. What's it?" He smiled and placed his two hands on my shoulders. I bent my head towards the prince and he understood.

"Apology, prince Logan. I need a moment with my princess."

"My king, my princess." He said with a lowered head and moved out.

I regressed and let father's hands fall off my shoulders.

"You look worried, my angel," he said and drew closer.

But I wouldn't let him touch me. "What's the prince doing here?"

"He came to visit."

"Why?"

"My love," he said and drew a bit closer, but I signaled him to stop; not looking at him.

"Why is he here?"

"My angel. If you're to fulfill your destiny as the defendant of this great kingdom, you'll need an ally, and a marriage to the prince of Muthal can guarantee you that. Muthal is a great kingdom, known for her sorcery and war strategies. They've never lost any battle they fought-"

"Maybe they've never fought against a great kingdom?"

"Claire!"

"I won't marry him! Father. I don't love him."

He smiled and drew me into his embrace. "You'll learn to love him when you marry him. You just have to get to know him."

"No! I don't want to be around him."

"You will marry him!" He exclaimed.

I shot out of his embrace. "No! I won't."

"You must marry him, or else-"

"Or else what? You'll lock me in my room? Send me back to the guards department? I'll rather have my old life back than marry a man I don't love."

"I didn't mean it that way," he said and approached, but I needed to escape from him and his domineering manner all over me. I ran out, but bumped into a familiar arm.