senior year. finally. the one year you get to pretty much skip as much as you want but in return need to start looking at colleges. (y/n) had no fucking clue what she wanted after high school. all her friends had it figured out, gerard was going to art school, patrick was gonna be a musician, hayley was going to med school, pete had a scholarship offer from depaul. (y/n) felt out of place. she had nothing she wanted to peruse. she imagined herself stuck in a shitty fast food job, barely making minimum wage. she didn't really ever make a plan for the future. she honestly didn't even think she'd live this long.

but she didn't need to think about that right now. if she was late on her first day her parents would kill her. with how many absences she'd had last year after the incident, if she kept skipping she'd be headed straight for her grave.

"(y/n)! if you want a ride to school you better hurry the hell up"

shit, pete was waiting for her.

fuck.

"coming!!" she yelled as she quickly tugged off her pajama pants to slide on a pair of black tripp pants. she decided the blink-182 shirt she slept in would suffice for the day as she sprinted to grab her converse.

she ran down the stairs as quickly as she could without tripping and saw pete waiting at the door with patrick.

"oh hey trick." she muttered as she grabbed her bookbag from beside the couch. she was used to patrick being here. she knew he and her brother were madly in love with one another yet neither of them would admit it.

"you're not gonna say hi to me?? wow... i can't believe this? i thought you loved me??" pete said dramatically as he put a hand on his chest. "i can't believe this. my baby sister hates me!"

i rolled my eyes. "you're so dramatic, let's go princess, can't afford to be late again"

pete gasped "patrick tell her she's being mean!"

"how about both of you shut the fuck up and leave because it's already 8:15 and i wanna stop and get tea." patrick said as he opened the door and grabbed pete by his shoulders to push him out the door.

-

as she walked into school with her idiot brother and his idiot best friend she groaned at the reminder she still had another year stuck in this hell hole.

she was sick of school. sick of the people, sick of the teachers, sick of everything. she only had a handful of friends and she was pretty sure they only stuck with her cause she was pete's sister. pete was one of the most popular people in school since he was captain of the soccer team. almost everyone adored him because he wasn't your classic fuck boy. he had girls throwing themselves at him all the time but he stayed loyal to patrick (which was funny because he was terrified to tell patrick he had a crush on him). he was nice to everyone unless they dared to cross his friends or his sister. he kept to himself for the most part, for someone who was so confident and outgoing, he didn't really like putting himself out there.

"(y/n)!!!" she heard someone yell from behind her. she turned to find her friends minri and mikey standing by their lockers.

she turned towards pete and patrick, "bye losers, i'll see you guys later" she said before she walked towards her friends. she heard pete and patrick say bye in response before they walked further down the hall.

"hey mikes, hey minmin" she said towards her friends, "i haven't seen you guys in like 2 weeks! where have you guys been??"

mikey's face paled as he pushed himself further back into the locker. minri's face dropped as she looked between mikey and (y/n).

"we.. uh, i was sick and mikey came by to help me feel better and... uh he got sick too." minri said slowly. for some reason, (y/n) didn't really believe that.

"'help you feel better'?" (y/n) said as she raised an eyebrow. she knew they were dating even though they didn't really publicize their relationship.

mikey's eyes widened and minri's breath got caught in her throat.

"not like that!!" she exclaimed as (y/n) started giggling.

"i was joking!!" (y/n) laughed as mikey shook his head, usually he'd be blushing right now. but they both looked paler than normal.

'well they were just sick, idiot, no wonder they're pale' (y/n) thought.

'buzzz' (y/n)'s phone buzzed in her pocket, she pulled it out as minri started rambling on about some video game as mikey quietly listened.

oh. pete messaged her. as soon as she opened her phone to check the message the school bell rung. god she couldn't stand that sound.

-
pete: gnna go 2 joes 2nite w trick. wnt be back till 2morow prob gettng drnk !! dnt die lol
-

'god he's a terrible texter' she thought as she walked by her friends down the hallway towards her first class. she sent a quick text to patrick before before she stepped into her apush class.

-
(y/n): pretty sure ur not going to joes tonight. u four are probably going to that stinky bar downtown. be safe pls and make sure pete doesn't kill himself or someone else.
-

'god what am i gonna do with that boy' she thought as she walked into her class and sat down in her seat. ready to put her headphones in and listen to green day as she stared at her teacher for the next hour.

--------------------

A/N: ahhhh! this is my first real story i've published so sorry if it's absolute dog shit. i decided there weren't enough 16 candles reader inserts and not enough william beckett x reader so i decided to man up and write my own.
first chapter might be a little shitty but things will start getting juicy... and bloody soon.
minri is one of my irl friends and i decided i'd put her in because i love her and she's in love with mikey way. okay bye (also this was not edited so call me out for any grammar mistakes pls)

 okay bye (also this was not edited so call me out for any grammar mistakes pls)