(y/n) was anxious all afternoon. she couldn't sit still. first she tried watch tv but she got bored, then she went to take a nap, but she was uncomfortable with how dark it was outside her window so she went downstairs. she could see her reflection in the windows. that was all. just pitch black darkness and her reflection. anything could be out there and she wouldn't even know until it was too la-

'KNOCK KNOCK'

fuck.

(y/n) jumped.

what the fuck.

'why am i so jumpy? i haven't been this scared since i saw him.' she thought

she walked to the door and looked through the peephole cautiously.

it was just travie. she almost forgot he was coming. she opened the door quickly, relieved not to be alone anymore.

"hey," she murmured, stepping aside so he could come in

"hey, it's so dark in here," he stated looking around.

"yeah i was up in my room so i never got around to turning on any of the lights down here." she responded as she shut and locked the door, "but anyways i figured we could watch a movie or something, i can order some pizza."

"that sounds good to me," travie responded smiling at the idea of real food, he looked towards the window behind the couch and his face dropped.

"did you want me to come over because of the dead girls the other day?" he asked, his voice softer than usual.

"dead girls?" she questioned, walking towards the couch as he followed her.

"yeah, the three dead girls found outside of angels and kings friday. they were found mutilated, their throats were torn out and their bodies completely drained of blood."

(y/n) paled. her brother was at angels and kings right now.

"police think it was vampires. i know that's what your worried about. mikey messaged me and told me they kinda freaked you out."

(y/n) sighed. "just the whole vampire thing has been freaking me out. i always thought the vampires here only ate animals. i- i thought that was never something i'd have to worry about." she said looking down at her lap.

"vampires are complicated. theres certain gangs that only drink from animals and theres some that kill humans just for fun. realistically, vampires can't live without blood, whether it be animal, human, or another vampire. sometimes they... they can't really... control themselves i guess. if a vampire has been drinking nothing but animal blood and they smell even the slightest bit of human blood they can snap and it's... it's not pretty." travie said, watching as (y/n) played with her hands in her lap, trying to distract herself. for some reason she wasn't concerned at how much travie seemed to know about vampires.

she could feel eyes on her. multiple sets of eyes, not just travie. her chest felt tight, her breath caught in her throat. it felt like she was with him again. she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes. travie wrapped his arms around her and she just let go. she started crying and she couldn't stop

travie held her tighter and pressed a kiss against the top of her head.

"shhhh...." he whispered rocking her back and forth slowly, "it's all gonna be okay, everything is gonna be okay, i promise"

-

(y/n) woke up with her head on travie's lap. she didn't even realize she fell asleep. she lifted her head to see travie was staring at her.

"trav, what time is it? when did i fall asleep?" she asked, her throat sore from going too long without speaking. she could feel the dried tears on her cheeks.