(y/n) woke up to see she was alone in her bed. her body felt sore and she was extremely thirsty. she sat up and immediately remembered what happened the night before. she raised her hand to her neck to feel for a bite.

nothing.

she shot up out of bed and ran towards the bathroom. she flicked the light on and stood in front of the mirror.

she craned her neck and pushed her hair out out of the way. there was nothing there. her neck looked normal. she ran a hand across her neck again, feeling for anything that could be there.

nothing. just smooth skin.

she suddenly felt extremely dizzy. she could feel her head throbbing. she was so confused. she looked at the mirror again and furrowed her brow.

she was in different clothes than last night.

what the fuck happened last night? did anything happen? was it a dream?

she was so lost. she couldn't think. she walked back to her room and sat down on her bed. it was cold in her room, colder than normal.

she jumped as she heard a knock on the door. the door opened to reveal patrick, who looked considerably worse than he did the day before.

"hey," he said coming in and closing the door behind him, "are you bleeding? pete smells blood and he's confident it's yours. if you are we need to get you out of here until after he eats again." he said

she was confused again. why would pete smell blood? she knew she wasn't on her period. she wondered if it had anytime to do with her crazy night with travie. she knew she couldn't let patrick know anything. he'd be too worried. and she still wasn't sure the night before had been real.

"uhh... i'm on my period." she said looking around awkward. trying not to make eye contact with patrick. her face dropped as she noticed a shirt on the floor. her shirt from last night, covered in blood. "what the fuck." she whispered.

"what? are you okay?" patrick said, obviously not noticing what (y/n) had noticed.

"um yeah i- i just," she trailed on, looking for an excuse, "i have really bad cramps..."

patrick's face grew red and he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"oh, well... do you need some tylenol or something? we can grab some when we go out. i need to stop by the music store to get more guitar picks."

"when we go out?" (y/n) questioned. she thought joe and andy would be staying with pete.

"yes, you're coming with me, put your shoes on. and close your window before we go please." patrick said as he turned and headed out of (y/n)'s room.

(y/n) paused.

'when the hell did i open the window?' she thought. she turned her head to look behind her and sure enough, the window across from her bed was wide open, the curtains swaying as a breeze crept in. she rolled her eyes at how stupid she was for leaving her window open in the middle of a chicago winter.

"i need a damn break." she muttered before heading towards the aforementioned window.

--------

when (y/n) finally got downstairs she saw pete tied to their parents' recliner. andy was asleep on the couch and joe was infront of him on the floor with a ps4 controller in his hands, staring intently at whatever game was on the tv. patrick was by the door sliding his shoes on.

'how are they so calm' (y/n) thought, 'pete just got turned into a fucking vampire but everyone is so calm.'

she turned her attention back to pete to see dried blood gathered at the corner of his mouth. he looked like he hadn't slept in a century. dark purple rings surrounded his eyes, contrasting against his unusually pale skin. a large bruise forming against his jaw, probably from the onslaught of punches he received from travie.

"pat, if he gets blood on our parents recliner, they'll kill us both." (y/n) joked as she grabbed her jacket.

"it's okay, we'll clean up before they get here. we'll be gone before they even get the chance to do anything anyways." patrick responded as he grabbed his keys from the kitchen counter.

"what do you mean, you'll be gone?" (y/n)'s face contorted in confusion.

"i mean we're leaving. all of us, including you."

"what?!"

"it's not safe here anymore. me and joe have a warehouse up in south beloit. that's where we're going. all of us." patrick's face was suddenly serious. his face devoid of any emotion.

"i-i can't just leave! i have school, and- and i have friends... what- no. no i can't." (y/n) was pleading as if anything could change patrick's mind.

"you're going (y/n)." patrick said through gritted teeth. his irritation so evident it was practically seeping through his pores.

"NO! you can't just make me leave! south beloit is so far from here! i'm not just gonna leave everything behind! i'm perfectly content being here by myself!" (y/n) tried to defend herself, so caught up in the idea of leaving she never noticed patrick's growing anger.

"DO YOU WANNA FUCKING DIE?!" patrick shouted causing (y/n)'s body to still. joe looked over from the couch, trying to focus on his game and not the ongoing argument. "(y/n) you can't stay here anymore! it's not safe for any of us, especially you. i love you, pete loves you, we-."

"PETE TRIED TO KILL ME!" (y/n) exclaimed, suddenly angry at patrick.

"PETE CAN'T CONTROL HIMSELF YET! HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE FUCK HE'S AT! THE MINUTE WE TOLD HIM HE'D BEEN TURNED HE STARTED SOBBING TELLING ME HOW MUCH HE WANTED TO DIE! HE ASKED ME TO KILL HIM! HE BEGGED ME TO FUCKING STAKE HIM JUST TO GET IT OVER WITH!" patrick shouted. the entire room was silent. pete was still out cold, andy had woken up at some point during the argument and joe was silently looking at his controller. (y/n)'s eyes glazed over. she couldn't say anything. everything finally sunk in. her life was never going to be the same. pete's life was definitely never going to be the same.

they were fucked.

----------

the car ride was silent. patrick and (y/n) were both tense. patrick was staring intently at the road in front of him. (y/n) could see his face out of her peripheral vision, and the anxiety was clearly visible. she could see his hands slightly shaking as they rested on the steering wheel.

she wanted to apologize, however she didn't know if she felt more guilty for not caring about how pete was holding up or for screaming at patrick. pete was her brother after all. he'd been with her through all 17 years of her life. he'd been there for her even their parents never were, he'd been there to help her with all her boy problems, and make fun of her when she said something embarrassing. he'd let her sob in his arms and do whatever he could to comfort her.

she felt like shit. she really wanted to just go to pete and rant about everything that had happened in the last two days. but that was nearly impossible now.

-------
A/N: I am sooo sorry about the delay to get ch5 out. i literally was stuck halfway through the chapter and couldn't think of how i wanted to end it