October 16th, 1993

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒

Time is so oddly obscure. Some days can feel like years have passed within the 24 hours that marks a day. While other times, it can all seem to pass by in just seconds. It's frightening, to be completely honest.

How easy it is to get stuck into a routine. How easy it is to just allow time to fly by unnoticed. How easy it is to blink and realize weeks are gone. How easy it is for all of them to be so meaningless that your time on this planet can be so simply forgotten.

Iris's routine was easy.

Wake up at five in the morning. The usual morning routine has her out of the door just as Sally-Ann's five-thirty alarm sounds out. Finish up homework in the empty common room. At around six, Theodore Nott and several other early risers would make themselves present. A quiet hum filling the room as they quietly went about the earliest part of their day.

At seven, the common room would fill more, and Theodore Nott would begin his walk to the Great Hall, Iris, of course, always following just behind. When they reached the Great Hall, Iris would finally allow herself to speak, having found that if Theodore had been given at least an hour of silence in the mornings, he would amuse her for a bit.

At seven-thirty, Theodore would bring out his book and take the fifteen minutes of Iris eating to begin his book of the day. And then, until eight, he would do his best to block out more of her mindless rambling; he still wasn't very good at that.

At eight, classes began.

DADA was, without a doubt, the favorite lesson among all students. Professor Lupin had managed to make every lesson just as exciting and hands-on as the first. He wasn't as strict as McGonagall and was easily one of the kindest of the teachers.

Potions was obviously the worst. Word of Snape being dressed into Neville's grandmother's clothing traveled fast, and, as a result, only seemed to make the man more vindictive and cruel. Which in turn, brought out the temper in Iris, the girl only being saved from weekly detentions because of Snape's apparent dislike for her in return.

History of Magic was always dreadfully dull and seemed to be the class where Iris's spirit would die. Theodore would peak up from his notes every now and again to see the girl at her most ghostly. Her body limp in her seat as she wistfully would stare out a window. Theodore never spurred her from her death-like state, finding that Iris was at her best when she was too miserable to bother him.

Muggle Studies was... there. The class was easy; the most eventful it ever got was when Iris and Hermione were forced to interact. The two girls seeming to grow more hateful towards the other every time their eyes met.

And actually... Potions wasn't the worst, nope. Care of Magical Creatures was. After the rather eventful first lesson, Hagrid had seemed to lose all confidence as a teacher. So the class was now subjected to nothing but caring for flobberworms, perhaps the most boring creatures that had ever existed. Iris and Theodore spent most days of that class under a tree, one reading and the other sketching.

Those, along with some other classes, made up most of the day, lunch being the hour Iris would vanish off to the grounds.

Dinner was gossip hour; the roommates would join Iris and Theodore, the four girls carrying easy conversations of their days and any and all school gossip.

Afterward, the Slytherins would retire to the common room, where homework would be started, and constant chatter would fill the space.

And at eleven, the day would end.

Weekends, being free of classes were spent wandering the castle and grounds for Iris. Spent primarily alone and the slightest more eventful than the weekdays. Not much, but time would slow more as Iris enjoyed her days more to the fullest she could.