October 31st, 1993

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

"Sally, if one more Gary Glitter song plays, I am throwing your tape out the window."

"And what? Listen to Let it Be for the fiftieth time this week? Hogsmeade mornings are about getting pumped up, Tracey, not falling asleep."

Valeria was quick to snap her head towards Tracey, halting the bloodbath that could have ensued, "If you two start this fight again, I'm voting Jane gets to torture you both with whatever classical shit she feels like listening to."

Cringing back, both girls retreated, focusing on preparing for the day. A very important day. Hogsmeade day. Every third year and up were permitted to travel to the nearby town of Hogsmeade. Every student dreams of being off of school grounds and out for a day to shop, explore and escape their school life.

Sally-Ann's alarm had brutally destroyed any peace the morning had to offer at approximately 5:00 a.m. For at that time, all three roommates were up and going, and a certain Jane Yaxley soon after burst through the door.

The dedication to one of the few allotted days allowed off-grounds was commendable. But Iris still did have a bone to pick with that alarm.

Jane called out from the bathroom, "Time check."

Iris, who laid face up at the foot of her bed, lazily looked towards the clock, "Six twenty-three."

Being the only girl left out from attending the trip, Iris had finished her morning routine nearly an hour ago. She was about to leave to seek peace out in the common room when Sally-Ann demanded she stays to make up for not even making an attempt at sneaking out to Hogsmeade.

"Okay, so I have time to finish my hair... and Tracey, you said you wanted to braid yours, right?"

Tracey nodded from where she sat, doing her makeup before correcting herself, "Yeah, you still okay with doing it?"

Jane simply hummed.

Valeria turned towards Iris, holding up two shirts, "Iris, opinion."

Rolling over, Iris placed her head in her hand, studying the options for a moment, "White shirt, red cord skirt."

Turning back to the mirror, Valeria nodded, "Wish I could just wear your clothes, ugh... why are you so tall."

Smiling, Iris bit back, "Why don't you just grow..." she paused as the new song began playing. Rolling her eyes as the intro started, she grumbled, "Seriously, is Gary Glitter all you own Sally-Ann."

Looking up from painting her nails, Sally-Ann glared into the room, "Gary Glitter will go down in history. All of you just lack taste."

Rolling off the bed, Iris descended upon the player, "Okay, change in music." She took the tape out and turned to the room, "Sally and Tracey are both out. Jane, classical isn't allowed to be even thought about while I am in the five-mile vicinity, too many flashbacks to piano lessons."

Sally snorted, "Piano lessons... tell us you are rich without telling us you are rich."

Iris rolled her eyes playfully, "Anyways, Valeria, that leaves you. What is your pick?"

The said girl shrugged, "Never really been all that into music... think my sister really likes this one guy that does all these weird dances and sings about some dude named Billie."

Iris and Sally both stopped for a moment, sharing a look as the words hit them. Iris just seemed... flabbergast, "You mean Micheal Jackson... the song is Billie Jean... about a woman."