side chapter: owie :(

This chapter is specifically about me ranting ab my rage of hating sports, so (Y/N) hates sports (sorry if you like it, but hey, who's the one writing :) (I'm so sorry this is a joke sorry))

TW: getting hit in the face(?)
☆☆☆
Ah yes, recess. The greatest time of the day for the eight year old (Y/N) to look at his crush, Alex, he also felt like he had a crush on another boy, Ivan, but pushed his feelings down for him.

He was sitting on the steps of the playground's big toy (is that what it's called?), drawing a shark. He noticed a shadow looming over him, he looks up and freezes.

"Hey! We need more players for soccer. Want to play?" Alex asked.

(Y/N) was in shock, he didn't know what to say, he's never played soccer, but he'd be able to spend time with his crush. So he made his decision, "Um, okay." He folded his paper in his pocket and ran to the soccer field with Alex.

When he got there, he saw a couple boys from his class, while some were from another class, or grade. They started playing, (Y/N) just stood there, he didn't know what to do. So if the ball came to him, he just kicked it to a teammate.

When recess ended, his team won! Alex walked up to (Y/N) and patted his back, "Hey, do you want to play with us next recess?"

"Yeah." (Y/N) responded quickly. They went to class and did the usual.

A couple weeks pass and he's still playing with them, he's starting to get the hang of it, until one horrible day.

He went to the soccer field as per usual, the only difference was a new kid joined the game, but (Y/N) payed no mind to them. The game started and the other team got a free kick, the new kid kicked it and it went straight into (Y/N)'s face.

"OW! Frick, ugh!" He holds his hands up to his nose, he pulls them away to reveal blood.

Ivan runs over to (Y/N), "Shoot! Are you okay?" He takes (Y/N) to the nurse, he gets an ice pack and a lollipop.

And ever since that new kid joined, (Y/N) would get kicked in the face. Every. Single. Time. So after two weeks of getting hit in the face, he went back to sitting on the steps and drawing. He was a bit sad, but he would like to have his face intact to his head.

In seventh grade, Nico told (Y/N) he was going to try out for volleyball, (Y/N) went with him because he hadn't done sports in a while. After a week of tryouts, they got in! But, the two barely played in any of the games, and (Y/N) messed up one time and felt like it was his fault he lost the game. Really helped his self esteem!

But in eighth grade, Ash had told him that the local high school was doing a production of Heather's. So they made (Y/N) try out, and he got to play Ram while Ash played Kurt. That's when (Y/N) grew to love musical theater!

~opening night~

(Y/N) was pacing around the room, and shaking his hand (specifically in a sort of guitar movement, I usually do this when listening to a song I like. Ex: Modify, Fine, Jaws, Toy food, etc.... And when I'm nervous, I do rarely do that, I usually pull on the strings on my sweater but since (Y/N) doesn't have that, it's this). He was very, very nervous.

'Fuck, I've never done acting before, what if I screw up?' Then Ash walked up to him.

"I'm so fucking nervous! We're gonna do good though!" They squeeze his hand.

Ash was right! Everything went amazingly well! That's when (Y/N) realized, sports will probably never be his "thing", but there are other things he can try. And sooner or later, he'll find it.
☆☆☆
Hey! Thank you for reading once again! I honestly hope you liked this side chapter, it was short, but I'm kinda tired, plus I have a test tmr so I kinda wanted to get this over with. Anyways, ily! Have a good day/afternoon/night! <3

- chirobebe

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6VMZzcxcWjXrayQ9kYnuwk?si=58F_65UQSo2hsaNowjXWcA