103 Something different....(Part 2 to #102)

Roman had felt the dark energy immediately when he had entered the room. But he had thought nothing of it. To be honest, many people had a dark side. It didn't have to mean trouble. It was just part of his gift to sense the vibes around him. Most of the time he tried to ignore it, because it could be very annoying.

What he couldn't ignore, however, were the vibes he felt from this beautiful woman. She made him curious because he felt that she had a secret and he would have loved to know what it was.

But before he had the chance to learn more she was pulled from his side. Roman sensed that something was completely wrong. He quickly tried to follow the two women, but was prevented from doing so by the crowd.

"Roman, where are you going?" asked his good friend Dean when he saw Roman leaving the party.

"Have you seen the woman I was talking to? I need to find her. I have a feeling something is going to happen." Roman replied.

"No, but maybe it's more of a sign that you should stay away from her," Dean said cautiously.

Even if Roman didn't want it to be true, it wasn't always a good idea to follow the impulses of his empathy.

"I have to- Oh, God." Roman began to retort as he felt a sharp pain in his stomach, almost as if a knife had been jabbed into him. Only it wasn't him who was stabbed.

It was the woman. It was Y/N and she was scared, so scared. He had to find her and protect her. He just felt that.

"She's hurt. We have to find her." he said and rushed in the direction from where he felt the pain.

It was the first time he felt so clearly how another person felt. It had to mean something. Roman was sure of that. No matter what Dean might have thought about it.

Roman arrived in a corridor and just saw a figure stealing away over the stairs. Then his eyes fell on a person lying on the floor. The dress torn in the middle, the wig slipped from the head. It was Y/N. And her friend had her hands over her as if she were healing her. In one fell swoop, Roman and Dean realized that the person was a keeper.

That meant that Y/N had powers, just like he did. Probably that was why he was so attracted to her.

"Oh, God. Roman, we have to get out of here. Quick." said Dean as his eyes fell on the two women.

He was worried, Roman could sense that. Only he didn't know Dean wasn't worried for the same reason he was. Roman was worried about Y/N alone. Dean, on the other hand, had to protect Roman. That was his job.

"What, why? She's hurt. We have to help her." said Roman, trying to push past Dean.

But to no avail. Dean wouldn't let him pass, even if it cost him a lot of strength.

"We can't. We'll get into big trouble if we do. We have to go home. Right away, Your Highness!" said Dean, hoping to get through to Roman that way.

"Give me one reason!" growled Roman angrily.

"Because she is the princess of this kingdom. And you are her enemy. Her father would assume it's your doing and that would mean war. Come now." replied Dean while pushing his friend in the other direction.

"The... But that... that's not possible! It can't be..." stammered Roman in confusion.

"She's forbidden for you. No matter how bad she is doing. You can help her better if we leave. Whatever is going on here... there are forces at work we shouldn't get in the way of. Otherwise, you're next," Dean said.

Roman felt the fear Dean had for him. He knew he was telling him the truth. Or at least what he thought was the truth. And a war was the last thing he could do to his people.

But he would make sure Y/N was okay. From a distance. Because whether she was the princess or not, he couldn't deny the connection.

Published February 18, 2023