Ch.7 Meeting the Folks

Previously...

  Reaper opens a portal back to my grandparents living room and we walk through. Before the portal even closes I hear a, "Where the hell have you been and who is that next to you!!!" I turn to see my parents on the couch looking disheveled.

  "I can explain," I say. Welp, I'm in trouble.

_________________

Now..

  I hold my hands up in surrender. "Soooooooo, my different OC's soulmates seemed to have been brought here too?" I say cringing.

  "Wait their an actual Reaper and not another Creator?!? This is bad! What about other people's soulmates that are even more dangerous! Not all of them are as nice as him!" Blessed exclaims.

  "I didn't even notice the tiny skeleton on your shoulder. Are they another bitty? Wait... nevermind that. This skeleton is dangerous!?!" My Dad says panicking.

  "Stop panicking your emotions are giving me a skull ache. No Blessed isn't a bitty, just a very young skeleton. Their actually an adult older than me, so try not to treat them like a baby. Reaper is actually a death god. So, while I don't recommend you touch them unless you want to leave this plane of existence, they won't go out of their way to hurt you. They simply reap souls that have met their due date." I explain.

  "We don't have to worry about you coming for us any time soon do we?" My Grandpa asks walking into the room with my Abuelita.

  Reaper was about to answer when I covered his mouth. "Let's not scare my family into an early grave with the inevitability of their eventual demise." I state. Reaper shrugs.

  "Anyways, how'd it go?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

  "Are you trying to change the subject? We still haven't gone over the whole soulmates bit," my Mom asks pointedly.

  Sigh. "Umm ya, that's a thing. I wouldn't be surprised if others for my other OCs show up if I'm actually fused with all of them. The only ones I can turn into are Error and Catcher right now. So that leaves Reaper and possibly two others here in our world if any others for the ones I can't turn into aren't here already. One of which is chaos incarnate and the other I rather not have near me at all costs. Not all my soulmates are pleasant and I actually have a few that have no idea about being soulmates in the first place. That will definitely be a discussion." I say, scratching my cheek nervously.

  "What kind of soulmates do you have!?!" Blessed asks concerned.

  "Uh, let's just go with 'interesting' ones." I state.

  My parents look at me in exasperation. I always did have a way of getting into trouble or at least it finding me. My Mom stands up and goes behind the couch and grabs two brief cases. My abuelita takes the cue and brings another over she was holding. They go and set them down on the dinning room table and open them up. All three were filled with cash. What had to be hundreds of thousands of dollars sat before us. Before anything else a phone ringing could be heard. My mother pulls out her cellphone from her pocket and answers it. "Hello?" she asks.

  Her face lit up when she seemed to realize who it was. She gave us a signal to wait and walks down the hall. I could hear her conversation quite clearly but chose to block it out. I take a closer look at the money. This was the most money I had ever seen outside of a movie. I already had a plan on what to do with two of the cases though. I close two up and set them aside. "Was their any gold left?" I asked.

  "No, we made sure to pawn it all. The shops only had so much money so we had to keep going to the next place once we got as much as we could. A couple closed for the day." Dad said.

   Suddenly yelling could be heard down the hall. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU RATHER NOT GET INVOLVED!! YOUR ALREADY INVOLVED JUST BEING FAMILY!! YOU THINK THE GOVERNMENT WONT TARGET YOU TO BECAUSE YOU WANT TO STAY OUT OF IT!!........ Fine! But I'm still pissed at you. Send them over text!" My Mom exclaimed,  hanging up.

  She stomps over positively steaming. "He said that they aren't going to do more than send us a few locations to trade gold and buy gear. They don't want to get in trouble with the law. I mean I understand, but it's still frustrating." She says.

  "It's ok Mom. Atleast we got recommendations for places to go. It's better than us just trying to hit every location we can. Trading more gold at fewer locations is more efficient anyways." I explain.

  "So wait, you guys are trading a bunch of gold for cash?" Blessed asks.

  "Yup. You think it's easy or cheap to go on the run? I'm taking advantage of the current chaos to get as much money and resources as I can before the government gets their shit together and start hunting us down. Certain locations are probably already S.O.L., but here and Vegas will be a while yet before we need to worry."

  "Vegas is run by the mafia rather than the police so it will be a while before anything is actually done there. And as long as you pay them money, they'll leave you alone. Definitely better than the gangs in southern Cali." My Mom explains.

  "We got plenty of gold to give as payment if it comes to that. We just need to make sure we don't look like we have an infinite amount. That will make us a target." I say.

  "Since when did you get so street smart?" My Dad asked.

  "It's just common sense. Which yes, I do have." I say, crossing my arms annoyed.

  "Well that would be the first I heard that." My Grandpa says.

  I grumble as everyone laughs. We hear a beep. My mom lifts her phone and sees a new text message. "Alright we got the locations, how the hell are we getting to them? We've never been to them before and you said you need to know what the place looks like to get to them." She asks.

  "Ya if you try to port to them blindly you'll just open a portal to a random location." Reaper says.

  I start grinning like a mad man and say two words, "Google maps." before I start cackling.

  Everyone looks at me like I either lost my mind or I was a funking genius. "That's one of those online GPS programs, right? How would that work?" Reaper asks confused.

  "Google maps doesn't just have a regular map to locations, but also 3D images of them as well. You can literally find and see any location all over the world if you know what your doing." Blessed explains.

  I stop cackling. "And it can be used by anyone at any time, since it's a public site. All we need to do is search a location and we can get a the entire view of it from the screen of any phone or computer. Can you put the first location in google and pull up the street view Mom?" I say.

  She nods. After a few moments she pulls up an image of a shop and hands me the phone. I take a few minutes to get a good view of the side alley next to the building and hand it back. I go back to the livingroom and concentrate on the location.  I tried to remember how making a portal felt previously and before I knew it I could hear a buzzing sound, then a few gasps. I slowly open my eyes and see that I was able to do it. "Well what are you all waiting for. Start heading through. It's a bit hard to concentrate while talking." I tell them after a brief moment of hesitation my Mom is the first to go through, followed quickly by my Dad and Grandma, then my grandpa, and finally I walk through with Reaper. Welp, looks like I'll be having some fun in Vegas tonight.