Ch.14 Next Step

"This should be the place." I said looking it over.

"Don't I get a say in this!?" Lily exclaims.

"No." her father replies sternly.

"I would prefer not to drag you kicking and screaming, so I would appreciate your cooperation. I kinda want my family back. Plus, I need to go gather supplies and stuff before I go into hiding myself." I tell her.

"Fuck you! I'm not just leaving! I have irreplacement items I need!" She yells.

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. "I think you mean irreplaceable. And you father is just trying to make sure your safe before any government soldiers come to capture you and preform experiments on you or something. Have you tried to use your inventory yet? I don't know how much it will hold, but you should be able to bring atleast some of your things." I tell her.

"I... don't know how to use it." She said sheepishly, rubbing her arm a bit in an embarrassed way.

"It's not that difficult, but it will probably take at least a couple hours to teach you." I explain.

"Then teach her, honestly speaking her taking heirlooms with her isn't a bad idea." The Tiger says.

"How about we make a deal? I know someone who can teach her not only how to use her inventory, but use magic as well. If they do so you will help me gather supplies I need to start my own safe zone. I'll even give you gold to sweeten the deal." I say.

"I don't need gold, hell you and the other OCs flooding the market is going to crash it soon so honestly I'd rather have oil or something similar. Doubt you have that though, though that said, if you're going to start your own safe zone somewhere, the farther my daughter is the better. I know a few of the other bosses have made OCs thinking they'd become unstoppable or some shit. So, like I said the farther my little kitten is from Vegas the better." He explains.

"I plan to start one up in the woods of Oregon. I don't have an exact place picked out yet though. I'm trying to get supplies and a place set up for it while I can, cause there is a good chance we could be hit with resets and it'll be a mess doing anything once that starts." I tell him.

"I can give you supplies like I said, I'll order my men to release your family. Lily can show you to the family heirlooms and the warehouse. We run a few legitimist businesses that revolve around camping and sporting goods. So we should have everything you need and some stuff you just want. Like a hand crank radio, solar panels and the like." He tells me.

"Alright, but what about those OCs out in the desert? I don't want them to be left to fend for themselves." I ask.

"I'm not a charity, I'm offering you this much cause I'm trusting my daughter to you. Why should I help them when there's a massive Gang war breathing down my now furry neck?" He says.

I nod in understanding. There was only so much he could do. I'll have to see about bringing them over to my safe zone as soon as I could. Staying in caves in the middle of the desert wouldn't be a good place to stay long term anyways. "I understand. We should get going then." I say.

He nodded and had Lily take me to their house before going to the warehouse. Things progressed fairly quickly after that. Lily lead me to a car that drove us to their "house", which was a straight up mansions. We went inside and collected her items and heirlooms. We agreed to put them in my inventory for now and transfer the over to hers once we taught her how to use it. After that we left and headed to the warehouse.