Ch.8 Viva Las Vegas

Once we were all through the portal I let it close. I could see everyone was in shock at the fact we were in a new location when we were just inside my grandparents living room. "Your getting better at that. Barely took you a few minutes to open the portal." Reaper stated.

I shrug and close my eyes concentrating on opening my inventory. After another moment I pull out my monster phone. I quickly scroll through and select several bags of gold from my inventory. One by one I pull them out as I make my way to everyone and hand them two large pouches each. "Alright, I'll do this location. I'll send you all to others so we can divide and conquer. I'm hoping we can also find somewhere to get everyone passports quickly, but if we can't we can try to find somewhere back home. Reaper it's best you be invisible and float above. We need to be as low profile as we can. Well, as much as random people carrying so much gold can be." I tell them.

"What about me?" Blessed asks.

"Hang out in my hoodie under my hair, your small enough that no one will notice you there. And even if they do, they'll think your a toy if you stay still." I say. Blessed nods.

"Are you sure you don't want me to open the portals? I don't want you to push yourself." Reaper says.

"I'll be fine. Need the practice, and I'm not tired yet. I'll send Grandpa and Abuelita first. Can you open an image to the next location Mom?" I ask.

"Sure, but how will we get in contact with you once we're there? Your leaving your phone off." She asks.

I open the phone to the calling function and select the number share option. I select the cellphones nearest to me. My Mom, Dad, Grandpa's, Abuelita, and Reaper's phone all go off. "There now you all have my number. Best part is, I don't use normal means of having connection, so as long as I'm in this reality it will work for you contacting me, and it can't be traced." I explain.

"What if you leave the reality? How would we contact you?" My Dad asks.

"You would possibly need a multiverse phone for that, but I'm not sure. Should Aster be outside this reality, you may need one that can function between them. I myself only have a normal multiverse phone." Reaper explains.

"Honestly, it's not necessary right now since I don't plan on leaving this reality anytime soon despite the current climate. And no, don't give me that look Reaper. This is my home and I'm not abandoning it when all hell is breaking loose. I may pick my battles, but this is one I'm DETERMINED to win. Simply running away is not an option." I state.

"What are you talking about winning a battle? The whole point of this is for you to be able to go on the run. If this Reaper fellow can get you somewhere safe, why wouldn't you go? I get you want to help your friends, but it's not responsibility to save them or anyone else! Your not capable of-" My mother's is saying before I cut her off.

"SHUT UP. I KNOW YOU DON'T SEE ME AS AN ADULT, BUT I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR PERCEPTION OF ME COMPARED TO THE REALITY. I AM AN ADULT, CAPABLE OF MAKING ADULT DECISIONS AND WILL FACE ANY CONSEQUENCES THAT OCCUR. DO YOU THINK I'M STUPID? I KNOW IT WILL BE DANGEROUS AS FUNK. BUT ITS DANGEROUS FOR EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS IN MY SITUATION AS WELL. YOU WANT ME TO TURN TAILS AND RUN LIKE A COWARD, WHEN THAT IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THING I CAN DO. EVENTUALLY THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TRACK MAGIC OR EVEN PICK IT UP ON SATELLITES AND THEN NO ONE WILL BE SAFE. WE'RE ONLY NEW ASSETS AND TEST SUBJECTS TO THEM TO BE EXPLOITED. IF YOU REMEMBER EVEN A SMALL AMOUNT ABOUT HUMAN HISTORY YOU WOULD KNOW WE WILL LIKELY BE ENSLAVED AND KILLED WITHOUT REMORSE. HUMANITY ALWAYS FEARS WHAT IS DIFFERENT OR DON'T UNDERSTAND AND I DON'T KNOW IF YOU REALIZED, BUT I'M A WHOLE NEW SPECIES NOW. THAT'S AS NEW AND DIFFERENT AS A PERSON CAN GET. SO I WILL HELP WHOEVER I CAN, HOWEVER I CAN, AND WHENEVER I CAN; BECAUSE THE CARDS ARE STACKED AGAINST ALL OF US AFFECTED BY THE REBIRTH EVENT." I tell her in a cold echoey voice.

Everyone stares at me in total silence. I hadn't yelled or stumbled on my words. I just told them the cold hard truth. My truth. They were my family, but this was my life and they needed to realize I wasn't going to let them decide what I do. My parents had always had a hard time letting me make my own decisions, and with my mental health issues thinking me incapable, but they're not going to be able to hold my hand anymore. I not only wanted to step up, but needed to. I wouldn't survive anything that will happen next if I don't.

"Umm, you got a little something running down your face." Reaper points out.

I bring my hand up to face to realize I was leaking corruption. Must have gotten more worked up than I thought. I take a moment to take a few deep breaths and slowly feel my corruption calming down. Soon I'm back to my human form. "Doodle..." My Dad says trailing off.

"Come on, we need to get this done before the pawn shops close. We can probably hit a few stores for supplies if we hurry." I say.

"We'll talk more about this later. But just know, your right and I'm sorry." My Mom tells me. I just nod in acknowledgement.

She pulls up the next location and I quickly open a portal. My grandparents go through. I close the portal behind them. My Mom gives me the next location and I repeat with my parents going through now. Once the portal closes I let out a deep sigh.

"You know you didn't do anything wrong, right? It's clear you needed to get that off your chest and I get the feeling your mother wouldn't have gotten the message if you pussy-footed it." Reaper tells me.

"Your mother seems to care alot about you. She probably didn't want to acknowledge just how much danger you were in. Plus, you don't come across as someone who simply sits on the sidelines. You would likely get involves in whatever is going on even if you didn't have an OC." Blessed tells me.

"Your both right, I just don't like getting my parents upset. I have a tendency to do it anyways, but normally it's not intentional. I just wanted her to let me make my own choices. I'm not the same little kid that was oblivious to the world and always getting into trouble. I'm 24, and I need to be able to act like it without them constantly trying to control what I do. I get their trying to protect me, but their endangering me not letting me do so." I say.

"Well you've definitely made your point. Let's just go inside and keep preparing for what's to come. I won't be leaving you all alone to deal with everything, so you can atleast take comfort in that." Reaper tells me.

"Thanks Reaps." I say.

"No problem." Reaper says as they float above me.

Blessed gets comfortable in my hood as I pull out two more bags of gold. I made sure to keep these ones on the smaller side, since this is my first time trying something like this. Once I'm in front of the building, I head inside.