⇢ 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦

• • • 1989 • • •

THE YOUNG WOMAN walked into the dimly lit room. She was rather timid and also cold, as her baggy clothing did poorly to combat the chilly temperature.

She rubbed her shoulders and sat down at the table in the middle of the room. It was very quiet, the silence allowing her to hear the ringing in her ears. She waited there for a while until someone walked in.

A bald man, wearing a lab coat and glasses, walked in with a clipboard

A bald man, wearing a lab coat and glasses, walked in with a clipboard. He didn't even bother sitting down, choosing only to stand a few feet away from the table. He looked down at the clipboard.

"Ar jie tau davė suskirstymą? (Did they give you a rundown?)"

The woman didn't understand Lithuanian. He caught wind of this and spoke again.

"Only English?"

She nodded. The man nodded back and wrote some more things down on the clipboard.

"Did they give you the rundown?" He asked again.

"Yes." The woman answered.

"You understand the terms?"

"Yes."

"Understand the terms of this project? What can and will be?"

She nodded again. The woman understood what she got herself into. There were real risks with this, but it was something she needed to do. She had nothing else...no purpose but this.

"And you say you're an expert in this field? Correct?"

"Yes." She replied with a nod.

There was a brief pause as he continued to write on his clipboard.

"You're doing the world a great service, young lady." He said as he jotted down additional information. "Are you ready to begin?"

She took a breath before nodding. The man lowered his clipboard and looked at her.

"Then let's begin." He straightened up. "Hail Hydra."

The woman looked down, seeing her blurry reflection on the metal table. She weakly responded.

"Hail Hydra."

• • • 2024 • • •

TONY COULD SEE his reflection within the fogged-up mirror of the bathroom. He wiped the condensation away and was now able to see himself clearly.

 He wiped the condensation away and was now able to see himself clearly