⇢ 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦

LATER THAT DAY, Clint, Maggie, and Kate stopped by Grills's apartment, which was a place the fireman was more than willing to let them hold up in.

The man fed Pizza Dog and made him do tricks. Kate was in awe as Clint sat down and ate his cereal.

 Kate was in awe as Clint sat down and ate his cereal

"Let me try," Kate said and grabbed a treat. She faced Pizza Dig. "Dance."

The dog didn't listen and simply held out his paw.

"No, dance."

Again, he didn't listen. She gave him the treat anyway.

"You made it look so easy and cool." Kate told Grills, to which he responded with a laugh.

"Yeah, Grills is cool." She added before looking back at him. "You can cook, you can LARP, you can put out fires."

"Ah. Stop it." He chuckled and continued eating.

Kate's phone vibrated again and she got a text message mid-call. She looked at it and saw that it was from an unknown number.

Kate Bishop. I found out who hired Masters.

With her name alone, she knew who it was from: Yelena. She glanced at Maggie.

"Dude, it's Yelena. How'd she get my number?"

"Like she said, she has her ways," Maggie answered. "But most likely the internet. Everything's on the internet nowadays."

Kate awaited her next message as the three dots continued to load.

Eleanor Bishop.

Thought you deserved to know.

Kate let out a gasp after reading the message. Seconds later, Yelena sent a video and the thumbnail shook her to her core as well. Clint raised a brow upon seeing her reaction.

"Kate?" Clint asked.

She let out a shuddered breath and slid the phone toward him. "Look at this. Who's that with my mom?"

Clint looked at the video's thumbnail. He scratched his chin and nodded.

"That's the guy we've been worried about this whole time..."