( 𝟐𝟗 ) 𝐰rap 𝐲our 𝐚rms 𝐚round 𝐦e!

Awkward

Awkward. That's the best way to describe the way I felt as I sat in the passenger seat of Kenma's car. It was just as awkwardly quiet as it was after he and I had almost kissed at that arcade. But no matter how hard I tried to stir up conversations it seemed like no words would leave my lips. And every time I caught a glimpse of the boy his eyes stayed glued to the road; I reassured myself that it was because he was also just as nervous.

Finally a soft whisper escaped my lips, "Where are we going again?"

His golden eyes panned over my face before he turned back to the road, a soft pink flushing his cheeks, "I told you, it's a surprise. I'm not telling you." Kenma looked extremely different from all those other times we had hung out- not physically but his aura, the way he carried himself. He wasn't as stoic as before. In fact, his eyes looked softer and he was more easily frazzled.

The way his cheeks would flush was absolutely adorable.

"Ugh, I hate surprises. How do I know you're not trying to lure me out to murder me?" I huffed as I leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms with a glare.

"You think I want to murder you," An attractive chuckle left his throat.

"Well, it wouldn't be completely out of character," I pondered before turning back to look at him yet he was already looking at me. Something about the softness in his yellow irises truly was incredibly enchanting, "You're kinda mean sometimes."

"I'll never be mean to you ever again if that means I can date you," He said it so nonchalantly but I watched the blush creeping onto his lips like a slow emerging sunlight. I was both shocked and insanely giddy with myself. How lucky was I to be out on a date with Kenma?

We pulled into a crowded parking lot; I looked at Kenma curiously. I noticed the bright lights and the propped up colorful tents long before we pulled into the lot, yet it was a little surprising. The local festival was going on this weekend, and it seems like Kenma wants to take me to it.

He got out of the car, opening my door like a proper gentleman before we both walked off side by side. The entrancing glistening lights of the entrance made me smile. The thought of doing all of that corny couple, first date stuff... that made the butterflies inside of my stomach flutter.

"The carnival huh? I don't take you for a public places kinda guy..." I couldn't resist the smile on my face. Kenma scoffed but he too grinned like a little kid.

"I'm not but Hinata told me you like them," His voice trailed off into a mumble but I held onto every word he said. It was flattering that he had asked Hinata about my interests and likes. I had thought he would be "too cool" for that.

"Wow, mate, you're whipped for me aren't you?" I teased as we walked through the bustling carnival, surrounded by vendors and families and other couples. But it felt like we were the only people there. It was just us.

"S-shut up."

"I just think it's funny that you spent so long being a bully and now you want me so-"

His hand slipped into mine, our fingers locking instantly as if it was from habit. It felt so natural, so warm. Then he pulled my hand into his hoodie pocket, embracing the warmth of it all. That shut me up real quick.

"Where to first?" He asked casually, squeezing my hand lightly as if to reassure me. There was a smile on his face and the way his eyes traced my face with care. It truly felt like we were the only people there; perhaps the only people that mattered. I squeezed his hand back.

And then just like that we walked off through the crowd. And my heart was racing.

 And my heart was racing