( 𝟓𝟏 ) 𝐩aper 𝐫ings

It was not as cold anymore considering that it was now mid March

It was not as cold anymore considering that it was now mid March. But that didn't mean that the night wasn't unreasonably cool; despite being wrapped in tons of blankets and pillows I still shivered beneath it all.

But the thought of Kenma warmed me up. So I silently giggles to myself, flipping over in my sheets as I patiently waited for the boy to make his way over. The wait was always the worst.

And just in time, a slight knock was heard from my door. I turned, eyes already wide and my smile bigger than ever.

There stood the pretty boy, eyes glued to me with his hands in his hoodie pockets. Something about those eyes always enticed me, the cat-like tilt of it all. Even the golden iris of his eyes had me weak in the knees.

"Why is your house so damn cold?" He stepped forward and into my bedroom, tiptoeing toward my bedside, "It's not even that cold outside."

"I like it," I smiled, sitting up and pecking him on the lips giddily.

Since the Lexi incident... well, I feel like I've been especially clingy. But honestly, Kenma didn't seem to mind so I didn't stop.

And it was, in short, my way of assuring myself.

Although, his words were enough. Trust is key and I kept that moral in my mind at all times.

"You're crazy," He huffed, scooting into my bedsheets, wrapping his right arm around my body and pulling me close. All snuggled up, we laid in bed silently, enjoying the company of the other.

"Hey, you're really warm," I sunk deeper into his grasp, "You're like my own personal heater."

"Wow, I'm honored," He said it half sarcastically but it made me smile.

"You should be," I nodded, plucking at the strings of his hood, pulling them and releasing again. From his hoodie pocket, he pulled out a Nintendo Switch case, the designs of blue Animal Crossing leaves etched across the fabric border.

"Oh! Show me your island!" I excitedly spoke as he unzipped the device and turned it on. I think if I saw the cute smile on his face as I clapped my hands I would've simply died on the spot.

"You should be sleeping," He retorted but continued to open the game with a few clicks.

"What are you? My father?"

"No, I'm your boyfriend," The loading screen popped up with that familiar friendly jingle. I watched as Zucker the octopus skipped around with a cute little bow hat on. Kenma continued to click and more scenes loaded through.

"I'm your boyfriend who is concerned with your well-being," He said it so casually, meanwhile his round little avatar exited his big blue house.

"Oh, hush," I smacked his chest lightly, "Aw, you have Marshal? He's so cute!" I pointed to the short, cream squirrel to the left of his screen. The little creature, as if on cue, sat beneath a lonesome tree beside his own house, cutely looking up, "Oh my god- He's such a little cutie pookie bear baby cakes sweetie-"