• 12 •

Sadness and shiny things

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

Name days are supposed to be special occasions. However, this has not been the case for Searela. She hasn't spoken to Aegon in a moon's time. They exchanged quick glances but never spoke directly. He never returned to their shared chambers. Instead, he was sleeping with a whore he had paid for. Ser Henrik and Aemond were the two people in whom Seara confided in. Aemond was taken aback when she returned from her adventures on dragon back. It seemed like everyone in King's Landing was talking about it. She wrote to her mother and brothers to keep them updated on her activities. Only her brothers responded, congratulating her. Her mother, on the other hand, remained silent. Seara wasn't surprised that her mother hadn't written to her since Driftmark, which was three years ago.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

Early that morning, she rose. She didn't know why, but she made the decision to take Odeoss on an early ride. She got ready in her riding clothes and went to the dragon pit. When Seara entered his quiet spot, he raised his head. Softly she rubbed his scales. Her face scrunches up as the purple dragon huffs and blows smoke out of his nose.

He takes off as she mounts the saddle. The sky has an orange tint due to the early morning sunset. When she and Odeoss ascend higher, the sky is covered in tiny white clouds. The wind speeds up as they ascend, causing her hair to fly over her face. Odeoss takes Seara to a little clearing surrounded by high mountains.

Odeoss enters the clearing after that. Following her dismount, Seara inhales deeply. Invading the clearing's tranquillity is the sound of the waves slamming against the cliffs. Seara lays down in front of her dragon, resting slightly on his wing as he rests his head on the grass. While listening to the waves, she closes her eyes. Today is her name day. Nineteen. Besides, not being with child. Aegon hasn't even talked to her in moons, despite the fact that she knows it's necessary for her to have children. When compared to him, Aemond has been her better husband.

She loses track of her thoughts and doesn't even notice that a shadow has been cast over them. When Odeoss begins to move, she finally understands. A recognisable dragon enters the clearing as Seara opens her eyes. Seara grimaces while huffing. She turns to face her dragon, soothing him. She turns as she hears someone approaching

"What are you doing here?" While Aegon pauses, Seara asks while gazing. He has a scruffy appearance. His hair is oily and curly. And she doesn't want to know what the dubious stains on his slacks are

"I want to apologise" Aegon says walking over to her. Seara scoffs and shakes her head

"Apologise? You have ignored me for moons and now you want to apologise" Seara replies moving to face the edge of the mountain. She looks in the corner of her eye and sees Aegon shuffling

"I am aware that my state of mind was amiss. But now I want to love you like a nice wife. Please?" He approaches her and gently grips her wrist. Seara turns to face him after swallowing a lump in her throat.

Aegon begs her attention with his eyes. Seara nods while pursing her lips. He grinned as he embraced her. The hug is not returned by her. She receives a quick kiss on the lips as he steps back. The strong wine odour coming from his mouth causes Seara to pucker her nose.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

When both her and Aegon got back to the red keep the sun had started to rise. Maids and knights walk the halls of the castle. When Seara arrives back in her bed chambers Lyra greets her with a small smile on her face. Lyra helps her dress out of her riding clothes. She turns to Seara and smiles

"Good morrow Princess, I have a letter from your mother," she says, holding out the letter to Seara. She quickly grabs the paper and dismisses the chambermaid.

My Love,
I am so proud of you claiming your own dragon. I wish I was there to see it for myself. How are you? I'm sorry that I can not be with you for your nineteenth name day . But I have attached a very special gift with this letter.

I love you,
Rhaenyra Targaryen.

After finishing the letter, Seara looked around her desk for the present. A light blue box with scales that resemble dragon scales is positioned in the centre of the desk. She seizes the package and cracks it open. A silver dragon necklace that coils around the neck is within. She takes the necklace in her hand and puts it on. She smiles as she observes herself in the mirror.

She is dragged away from the mirror by a knock at her door. She rips it open and arches her brows. Ser Henrik is standing before her. "The Queen has asked that they all break their fast in the hall," he says, bowing. Seara nods and moves in his direction.

Soon later, they reach the big entrance, and Seara goes inside. Aegon, Helaena, Aemond, and the Queen are seated at the long table. With a smile, Alicent gestures towards the seat next to Aegon. Alicent signals something to a maid sitting next to Seara when she takes a seat. Next, Seara turns her attention to Aemond

A trunk is set down on the floor next to her as Alicent explains, "Searela, as it is your name day, I have gotten you a great gift." Seara gives Alicent a smile before turning to face the trunk. Helaena claps her hands enthusiastically in front of her.

Seara opens the trunk by stooping. There were three outfits inside. All of them are very lovely and classy. A blue garment with golden accents was present. The following garment was a pale pink dress with long sleeves and no back. The final one was gold and quite illuminating.

"I thank you, your grace. They are outstanding." Seara says, giving Alicent a head nod. The topic of wearing the garments is then broached by Helaena and Seara. Aegon then looks to Seara at that time

Seara glances at Aegon in amazement as he continues, "Mother and Father have decided to host a ball for you in honour of your name day."

"Really?" She remarks as she turns to face Alicent. Who then grinned at Seara. She chuckles and expresses gratitude for the event. Seara is dragged away by Helaena as she gets up, pulls her by the arm, and mutters something about needing to get dressed and get the ideal dress as she does so.

Seara, however, missed the glance that was exchanged between Aegon and Alicent. How intently she is gazing at him. Aegon turns to face his mother before turning to face Seara's receding form. He puffs and consumes the remaining wine.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

A/N

These are the current ages of all the children

Saerela- 19

Jacaerys- 19

Lucerys- 18

Aemond- 20

Helaena- 22

Aegon- 23