• 15 •

Growing hatred

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

As someone who grew up in a large household, Searela Targaryen always desired having children and a large family. Why then wouldn't she desire one for herself?

Her mother was dozing off in a chair next to her bed when she woke up in her chambers, and she was unable to move properly. When Rhaenyra awoke, she told Seara about her wounds and how they were caused by Aegon's activities.

She would not be able to carry children.

Her heart stopped when she heard her mother utter such a statement. If she couldn't have children, what good was she? She kept repeating that phrase in her head.

Because of what he had done to her and what he might have done to Aemond, she despised him. She was informed that Aegon stabbed her before being brought down by Ser Henrik. Both the king and Daemon were outraged. When they pulled Aegon out into the hallway,everyone crowded around her.

They all believed she wouldn't wake up again because she had been sleeping for days. But she was still alive. Almost.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

When Aemond visited her, the sun was at its highest point. Seara was taking a bath as Rheanyra had just departed. All of her pains were relieved by the hot water.

Seara had no energy to talk to anyone at the time she heard the door open. Her heart skipped a beat when she realised who the enigmatical figure was.

"Searela" she heard Aemond say as he quickly rushed over to the side of the bath.

"Gods, as soon as I heard you were awake-" he stops, realising where they were speaking. Seara contorts her face in pain as she tries to get out.

As she exits the tub and puts on a robe, Aemond leaps to his feet and grabs hold of her. Seara gasps for air and slumps into a chair in front of a fire. Aemond keeps right behind.

" I was so scared" he states, grabbing hold of her hand. Seara looks down at their conjoined hands and furrows her brows

"I spoke to him" he says, Seara turns her head and raises an eyebrow

"He didn't realise it was you-"

"Of course he didn't" Seara huffs,

" He says he sorry, he would come talk to you but he isn't allowed anywhere near you, My mother made sure of that" Aemond says,

After a brief period of stillness, Aemond excused himself and left the room, giving Seara a quick kiss on the forehead before going.

How in the world did Aegon miss the fact that she was the one he hurt? She would never be able to forgive him.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

It had been a week since the incident, everyone went back home. Her mother had been reluctant to leave but Daemon practically forced her to leave. So now she was alone. Again.

Alicent visited a couple times. So did Helaena. The king sent his regards. But she knew they weren't the king's words. Said king was too drugged up on milk of the poppy to even think.

So here she was sitting in front of the window. Empty. She was sad all the time. They said it's the trauma but it's not that to her. She feels like she lost something. Her dragon was constantly crying out. When she was stabbed, Odeoss clawed his way out and nearly set fire to the castle.

Ser Henrik had been keeping her the most comfortable, he made sure she was alright and kept her company. She liked it. But couldn't knock this huge weight that was haunting her.

Her nightmares are the worst. Every night she would wake up shaking and drenched. All she sees is a deformed child. Eyes as black as night. Scales covered their whole body, and small bones sticking out of its back. It was terrifying.

She wonders if she was with child. Her moon blood hadn't come the past moon, she didn't realise and neither did Lyra. Did she do something wrong? Is this why the gods are punishing her?

There was something wrong and nobody was telling her.

...