• 13 •

Changing tides

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

After a few hours, the day gives way to night, and the castle is bustling with activity as people get ready for Seara's nameday. People from numerous noble families, including the Lannister, Tyrell, Stark, and, most significantly, to arrive. her mother, brothers and Daemon.

When Seara learned that her family had arrived at the castle, she immediately stopped all work on her and went to meet them in their rooms.

Seara dashed past the ladies hurrying around with baskets of flowers and drink, and ended up in front of her mother's chamber door. She was undoubtedly nervous; she hadn't seen them in moons and had almost forgotten what they looked like, though she wouldn't dare to say it out loud.

It was finally time to visit them, with a knock on the door. The door slowly opens, revealing her brother, Lucerys, who appears much older than she expected, his dark brown hair still curly, and his face still carrying the baby fat.

"Seara!" Lucerys exclaims, rushing to give her a hug, Seara returns the hug excitedly,

"Oh Luce, look how much you've grown," Seara says, moving into the chamber.

As she does so, she notices her entire family seated on the chairs, all with large smiles on their faces, even Daemon, who is a little strained but still smiling. Rhaenyra leaps to her feet and pulls Seara into an embrace.

"Seara, happy nameday, you don't know how much we've missed you" Rheanyra expresses, Seara pulls back to hug her twin and her youngest brother Joffrey. Daemon also comes over and gives her a small side hug.

"Mother, I'm so grateful for the gifts you sent. The necklace is beautiful" Seara says, turning to face Rhaenyra unconsciously playing with the wedding ring on her finger.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

After a few minutes of catching up, Seara dismissed herself to carry on getting ready for her nameday. As she heads back to her chambers she bumps into Aemond.

"Hello, did you hear that my family came for my nameday, how exciting is it" Seara screeches, grabbing his arm. Aemond looks her up and down a frown grows on his face but quickly changes before Seara notices,

"That's quite wonderful dear niece, but you should be heading back to your chambers" Aemond quickly says, leaving her standing there in confusion.

She does so with a huff, dressing in a blueish green dress with miniature dragons stitched into the bottom of her dress, the neckline is deep, which will definitely be far too scandalous for Alicent, her hair let loose with a couple parts braided into tiny braids. To complete the look, she wore her beautiful Valyrian dragon necklace around her neck.

Seara looks into her mirror, she doesn't recognise herself, this mayhaps be the prettiest she has ever looked, half of her heart she hopes that maybe now Aegon will look at her and not those whores, and the other half thinks about what will Aemond think of this, will he like it? She shakes her head and smiles.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

The room is packed with people who are drinking, eating, and dancing. The Targaryens and Velaryon are seated around a long table in the centre of which is Seara. Aegon and half of her family are on her right, and her mother and the other half are to her left. Each participant displays a unique expression. Aegon was drinking and staring at one of the servant girls when he only murmured, "You look nice," to her. Dyana, she thinks is the girl. But Aemond couldn't stop staring at her. Each time she catches him staring, he turns his head away, and her cheeks start to glow bright red.

Seara decides that since her 'Husband' won't pay attention to her, maybe his brother will. Sudden confidence runs through her veins and she rises from her seat, Aegon turns to her with confusion when she walks past him and straight to Aemond,

"Since it's my nameday and you won't stop looking, want to dance?" She whispers, she can feel Aemond shiver as she says those words, he turns towards her their faces mere inches away and rises from his own seat with his hand held out.

She looks him in the eye and grabs his hand as they both walk towards the centre of the floor. The atmosphere in the room drastically shifts.

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

A/N
In know this is a very very late update

But I couldn't find any ideas for this book but then in the middle of the night I drafted something up and then edited it and now

You have the 13th chapter (wooop)

Anyway I hope you enjoyed it, it's starting to get juicy now.

Thank you for reading and so sorry for the late update

Xx