Chapter 5. Sock mind

Mossfet has been showing some strange behaviors, and Joocie seems to trust them, but something about them is off. Blaza even agrees, Mossfet refuses to take off their space suit, which is odd since it's gotta be burning in that suit, and I say this in a experienced matter. I'm not entirely sure if this is just Mossfet or some others, but they are a literal living glow-stick. And they don't seem to like any affection either, they'll totally slash out if we tried to touch them, Mossfet was doing a good job treating their own wound which is good, but they've been hogging rooms for a while. Blaza thinks that Mossfet must've been a insane patient from a asylum not far away from us, which is oddly suspicious that Blaza knows this.

Everything is just suspicious! Why can't things go back to normal where me, Blaza, and Joocie played Mario kart or Mario party all day eating hot pockets because we were too lazy to actually cook? It was mom and dad's fault, if they didn't...if they didn't....do..that. Then we would've been a happy family! But Blaza is constantly alone, Joocie has to work double time, and I don't even know what I'm doing! I'm just useless. But Joocie is usually right, I don't think I should be that suspicious of Mossfet.

Joocie is the oldest. He's also the most mature, maybe Joocie was right. It was my fault. I got us into this mess. All I do is gunk everything up, I'm just the useless middle child, always left in the dust. I just feel so tired.

I was laying on my blue bed. I sat up and rubbed my head, I still can't get over the fact it was my fault. I shook my head and glanced at my digital clock. I got out of bed and got dressed. I picked out a green turtle neck, with some brown pants to combo with it. I huffed twirling my brown messy hair as I stared at myself in the mirror.

I wanted to punch the mirror into millions of pecies. It was my fault. I got us into this. I'm just a stupid kid who ruins everything. I ruined our life. I shook the thoughts out of my head before heading down stairs to meet with my brothers.

"Socks! Took you long enough, we need you to start investigating the debris samples."
Joocie hurried over to me.

I grumbled silently in my head, of course I'm helpful now, because of stupid rocket science.

"I told you I'll do it today, I need food you know?"
I thought as a yawn escaped my mouth, I headed over to the Coffee machine.

"Socks?"
Joocie waited for me to reply again.

"Anytime now little bro, he's being a pain in the neck."
I thought again.

"Joocie, Socks is doing the let me have my coffee first thing."
Blaza tugged on Joocie's gray hoodie.

"Thank you!"
I thought with relief, I knew Blaza was going to save me anyways though. My coffee finally finishes as I chugged down the piping hot black coffee.

"I still don't understand how he does that."
Joocie frowned.

"Heh jealous big bro?"
I thought with a snicker, I slammed the coffee mug down gently. I could already feel the effects of the strong black coffee.

"Well?"
Joocie interrupted my nice sensation.

"Fine I'll go do it."
And with that I'm off to testing out the stupid rocket science debris.

I swung open the white cabinets where I stored the debri samples. I took them with me and started to run a few tests. Which was also interrupted by Mossfet.

"Ugh, what do you want Moss?"
I leaned back from my chair. Moss was the nickname I gave to Mossfet, it's more of a annoyance signal to Mossfet, which now Mossfet is fiddling with their oddly sharp fingers. It's hard to communicate since I know so little of ASL, and Mossfet refuses to talk, which again. Suspicious.

Mossfet just sat down and watched me test the debris, I think Mossfet has some sort of connection with these stupid rocket science rocks. Only if I could get a small sample of their blood would test it if they were human or not. My bet is that they aren't human. Joocie will owe me a lot of food if he's wrong about Mossfet being human.

I was able to get lots of Data and Mossfet seems to be pretty happy about it too. Mossfet does this cute little silent clap whenever they're happy time to time, Joocie and Blaza agrees. Even though I'm suspicious of Mossfet, there's some wholesome things they do as well. Also I swear I'm not developing feelings for Mossfet, it's just the observations me and Blaza especially has been observing, especially when we think they aren't human. I could go on and on but it's hard to explain it since I'm older than Blaza, Blaza would make it much easier to explain how platonic this is. Whenever I try to explain something it ends up being a misunderstanding. So I won't get into details.

"Okay, the results are wonky but it seems like the rocks have really good vibrations, if use these to make a radar it would be very very accurate, I wonder where they came from."
I announced the data from my brothers.

"Sooo are they a parasite?"
Blaza asked randomly.

"Blaza! Mossfet is right here!"
Joocie Yelped.

"What! I'm still wondering if they're human or not!"
Blaza huffed.

"Guys not the time to debate whether Mossfet is human or not."
I narrowed my eyes at my brothers.

"Wow rich coming from you lil' bro."
Joocie nudged me roughly.

I space out thinking about it was probably my fault for ruining our lives again, if I want to redeem myself why am I being so stubborn about my chores!? It just didn't make any sense.

"Uhm Joocie have you already forgotten that we're still in debt with a certain scientist?"
I crossed my arms firmly, my leg shaking.

"Rightttt so we have to give these samples to #1 Counterman?"
Joocie copies my pose.

How dare he. What mockery.
I thought a bit jokingly.

"Yes we have to give these samples to #1 Counterman."
I reply.

"Can I come?"
Blaza asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

"No. You've done enough today Blaza this could've been dangerous so you stay here."
Joocie shook his head.

"But-"

"Juice box is right Blaze Bear."
I interrupted my little brother.

"Our job is to keep you safe especially after...you know what."
I leaned down to Blaza's height.

"I know you don't want to talk about them but I can help!"
Blaza insisted.

"I know you can but just this once stay here okay?"

Blaza didn't seem satisfied he was a bit disappointed in fact.

"Hey dap me up Blaze Bear."
I made my hand into a fist.

Blaza smiled softly.

"Of course orange astronaut."
He fist bumps me before me and Joocie heads to the car.

————————————————————————

here is Sock's relationship Status! Also this is my AU so- this only applies to this book/TGMT!

Name: Joocie
Nicknames: Juice box
Pronouns: He/Them
Sexuality: Pansexual/Ace
who are you? - Socks's older brother/ Blaza's older brother

Name: Laff
Nicknames: 1# Counterman, Mask man, Green suit, Smug man.
Pronouns: He/Them
Sexuality: Aroace
who are you? - Meme's Employee/assistant

Name: Meme
Nicknames: Cookie Monster, Doctor, Doc, professor
Pronouns: He/him
Sexuality: Bi/Ace
who are you? - Laff's Boss/ Sock's friend(?) [I'M NOT SHIPPING MEME AND SOCKS TOGETHER-]

Name: Blaza
Nicknames: Gummy Bear, Blaze Bear, Bud
Pronouns: He/Them
Sexuality: Aroace
who are you? - Socks's younger brother / Joocie's younger brother

Name: Mossfet
Nicknames: Moss
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexuality: N/A
Age: N/A
who are you? - a parasite that inhabits a human or is just a humanoid bug
(Socks's prediction)

More coming soon!