A Night to Remember

Everything was going well for DJ Riley. He had friends, a car, and got good grades all he needed was a girl to hold in his arms at night. But now it all seemed like a dream as he sat in an ambulance gripping the bloody hand of his friend and crush Tara Carpenter.

 But now it all seemed like a dream as he sat in an ambulance gripping the bloody hand of his friend and crush Tara Carpenter

"D- DJ it hurts it hurts" Tara cried out.

"I know I know but we're almost there ok just hold on," he said moving the girl's hair from her face.

He glanced at the driver and yelled. "Can't this damn thing go any faster!!".

"Kid we're going as fast as we can ok".

DJ wasn't satisfied with the answer but he need to keep his emotions in check and focus on tara. So instead of arguing he kept his mouth shut. He looked back at Tara and saw the tears streaming down her face. His heart broke at the sight.

"Don't worry you're going to be fine and then you can talk my ear off about how elevated horror is better than the cheesy stuff" he said with a small smile.

More tears left her eyes as she looked at him

"P- promise," she stuttered.

DJ smiled and held up three fingers "Scout's honor," he said with tears in his eyes.

Tara smiled as he wiped the tears from her face.

When they finally got to the hospital Tara was rushed inside with DJ right by her side. When they were about to go through some double doors a nurse stopped him from going through.

 When they were about to go through some double doors a nurse stopped him from going through

"Sir you need to stay here"

"Are you serious she needs me" he said angrily.

"I'm sorry but you can't be back there," she said.

He knew she was right and looked through the windows one more time. Tears welled up in his eyes as he ran a bloody hand through his hair.

"Is she going to be alright" DJ mumbled.

"Give us time and we'll see what we can do, but you have to give us time," she said.

DJ nodded and looked at his shirt and hands to see blood all over them. He closed his eyes and sat in a chair. The nurse kneeled in front of him