Hospital

Later that day DJ came back with a pillow, blanket, and bag. He knocked on the door and waited for 'come in'. When he did he opened the door with a smile on his face. When his eyes met Tara's a smile grew on her face.

"Told you I'd be back," he said with a smirk. He went into his bag and pulled out a portable DVD player with a movie.

"What's all this"

"Well one I am spending the night here and two since we're not going to go to the movies I figured I could bring an elevated horror movie to you"

Tara's face fell at the sound of horror and managed to make a grimaced smile not wanting to hurt the boy's feelings.

DJ saw through her facade and his smile fell. He sighed and smacked himself upside the head. Tara gave him a confused face at the action.

"I'm such an idiot, why the hell would you want to watch horror"

"No, it was a good thing to do," DJ gave the girl a skeptical look making her laugh. DJ groaned loudly and Tara grabbed his hand with hers while trying to stifle her laughter.

"I'm serious, it was sweet". A light bulb went off on DJ's head and a smile appeared on his face. He stepped back before putting his hand up

"hold that thought," he said before running out of the room. 17 minutes later Tara heard footsteps in the hallway. She held a look of confusion until she saw DJ standing in her doorway out of breath.

"Are you ok"

"huh, oh yeah, I was trying to find a Red Box. And...woo give me a sec..." Tara held a hand to her mouth as she laughed.

DJ chuckled at the sight. "I finally found one it was on the other side of the building. So-"

"You ran all the way there and back"

"What, no I..." Tara held up a brow with a smirk on her face. "mhmm yup definitely did that" he said nervously.

"And what did you get," she asked.

DJ smiled as he showed her the disk

"Madagascar, you know I've never seen it before" she said sheepishly.

DJ's face fell at the revelation shaking his head. "N- n- no this- this can't be," DJ said falling to his knees.

Tara laughed loudly at his antics. "How could you," he said dramatically. Tara was on her bed holding her stomach.

"No please stop I'm gonna pee" she begged while wiping a tear from her face. the door to the room opened making the two freeze. DJ slowly turned around to see Sam and Richie standing there with confused faces.
Tara and DJ just looked at each before laughing again.

***********

DJ didn't know what time he fell asleep all he knew was when he woke up Tara was still sleeping and it was nighttime.

He got up out of his seat making sure to not wake Tara who was sleeping with Sam. He did a long stretch before leaving the room. He saw the officer standing by the door. He gave him a wave and headed toward the restroom.