Old Faces and New Truths

DJ sat in an interrogation room with Tara and Sam. They had been in that room all night and Tara was leaning her head against DJ with her eyes closed.

Pictures of Greg and Jason's misremembered bodies were on display for all of them to see. the door open and in came Officer Wayne Bailey, Quinn's father.

Tara sat up and drank some of her coffee. DJ and Wayne only met once and after that, they decided right then and there. They didn't like each other. He took a seat and held a Ghostface in his hand.

"This was found next to the body at the street crime scene. DNA says it belongs to someone named Richie Kirsch, does that ring a bell" he asked.

DJ's body clenched his jaw as he stared at the mask. "Yeah, you can say that," DJ said bitterly.

Tara places her hand in his making him look at her. He gave her a quick smile and interlocked their fingers.

"But the one that attacked us had on a different mask. It was kind of more beat up like it was older" Tara added.

Wayne nodded and turned to Sam. "I got to ask do you three have alibis for earlier tonight".

"DJ and I were at a party with friends," Tara said.

"I was at my therapist I can give you his information you can call to check if you want. And then I meant to her at that party, where I taste two people" she said bluntly.

DJ smirked at the memory while Wayne frowned and gave her a questionable look.

"Unrelated" she added.

"Was that before or after this video" Wayne pulled out his phone and pressed play. It was the video of the girl who threw the drink at him.

"Before," she said.

"The point is we were with people all night," DJ said.

"So our roommate's dad just happens to pull our case," Sam said in an accusatory tone.

"That'd be a crazy coincidence, right? The detective who had the case, offered it to me because it involves Quinn. But I can give it back if you're uncomfortable it's up to you" he said.

Sam glanced at DJ and Tara before looking back at him "It's fine" she said

"So the man who attacked you did steal your license and plant it next to the body, it probably be someone close to you," he said.

DJ didn't want to get close to new people when they moved here, just on the fact that he has trust issues.

"How long have you known your friends," he said.

"Well, we moved here with Mindy and Chad for the summer semester like 6 months ago. So, Quinn, Ethan, and Anika all since then" Tara added.

He smiled and nodded his head. "I think I can vouch for Quinn, so that's one less".

DJ laughed out loud and shook his head at his words. Wayne glared at DJ and folded his arms.

"Is there something that you would like to say Dwight?" he asked.

DJ stared at the man with a smirk on his face. "I just find it funny" DJ replied.

"Find what funny," he asked.

"That you get to mark Quinn off the list just because you're her father"

"Well I've known Quinn her entire life so I think I can vouch for her" he stated.

"That's very noble of you. But it's also very stupid"

"So you're saying I should treat my daughter as a suspect," he asked in disbelief.