Blame It On The Alcohol (🍋)

Before we even get into the chapter. Don't even look at me like that 😤 I know for a fact some of y'all Freaky-Deaky asses were feining.

It was 8:38 pm just eleven minutes after the sun set. DJ sat at his kitchen table in his apartment. With a textbook in one hand and an empty whiskey glass in the other.

He sighed as he turned to the next page. What he was doing right now was extremely dangerous. He was breaking one of the rules. Never split from the group but after what happened earlier he had to get away.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he started hearing the rain hit his window. He shook his head before going back to his book. After two minutes the loud sound of his phone vibrating entered his ear.

He glanced at the phone and debated if he should answer, but like the other times when someone tried to contact him, he let the phone ring. He glanced at the alcohol on the table and made his decision.

He started to pour himself another glass when he heard knocking at his door. He gazed at the door intensely as he set the bottle of Whiskey down.

He stared at the door and waited as his body went into survival mode. It wasn't before long when he heard another knock at his door.

He slowly got out of his seat and crept towards the kitchen. He made sure to avoid all the squeaky floorboards as he grabbed the biggest knife he could find.

He walked to the door with the knife ready. The closer he got to the door the more his anxiety shot up. When he was at the door he looked through the peephole. And a sigh of relief left his mouth when he saw Tara standing there.

She had a pissed expression on her face and her arms were folded across her chest.  He let the knife fall to his side as he opened the door.

"Tara, what the hell are you doing here?" He asked.

He looked down the hallway to see if she'd been followed. "You" she growled.

She pushed past him and walked into his apartment leaving him confused.

"Yes, of course you can come in" he mumbled.

She walked into the apartment and started looking around. She walked to his couch and started flipping the pillows.

"What are you looking for," he asked confused.

"Where's your damn phone," she said in a demanding tone.

DJ frowned and pointed at the kitchen table. She walked past him angrily and picked up the phone off the table.

"What are you doing," DJ asked annoyed.

"Why have you been ignoring our calls," she asked him.

"I was studying" replied without missing a beat.

Tara scoffed and looked over at the liquor sitting on the table. "Yeah, and drinking".

Dj rolled his eyes at her words. He was tired and wasn't in the mood for another lecture. "what is that a crime" he asked.

He walked past her and picked up his glass. Before he could take a sip Tara snatched it from his hand.

"Aye!" He exclaimed.

Tara simply glared at him. "Walking away from us, not answering your phone, drinking. What the hell were you thinking huh" she asked angrily.

"I was thinking I could use a drink"

"You're so full of shit"

"what"

"All that talk earlier  about, what you did was smart, Is what your doing now smart"