Party Crasher

When DJ got home the first thing he did was walk into his kitchen and pour himself a double shot of whiskey. He looked at a photo of his mom and dad and raised a glass.

"Cheers Dad," he said before downing the drink in one. He shut his eyes as the alcohol burned his throat making him hum in satisfaction.

After that, he put the alcohol away and walked to the living room. He threw his backpack on the couch and sat down.

He sighed loudly looking at his open textbook and homework on table. DJ's major at college was forensic science.

He wanted to be a police officer like his dad and even make detective but his mom kept nagging about the dangers that came with the job.

"Oh man tomorrow's gonna be a bitch" he said pinching the bridge of his nose.

He looked down at his bruised knuckles and sighed. He walked to the bathroom and grabbed his med kit from underneath the sink to fix himself up. He was almost done when he heard his phone vibrate in his pocket.

He pulled out and looked at the caller ID before smiling. "Chad".

"DJ we're almost there. were are you, are you almost done" he said happily.

DJ frowned and scratched the back of his head confused. "Uhh yeah just give me a few minutes," he said closing the kit. There was a pause before DJ heard a sigh of disappointment.

"You forgot didn't you" Chad asked.

"What, noooo (yup)" DJ replied.

"Come on man this is the fourth time you have done this" Chad groaned.

"I know man I'm sorry I was...busy," DJ said.

"Mhmm sure you were let me guess you studying," Chad said.

DJ could hear how annoyed Chad was and he understood his frustrations. DJ didn't tell anyone about Jason and Greg wanting his friends and loved ones to move on with their lives without having to look over their shoulders.

"Yeah I was and I just lost track of time. Are you mad at me" DJ said preparing himself to be yelled at.

Chad sighed and chuckled. "No, I expected this..." DJ let himself breathe again and smiled.

"...But you know what happens now".

DJ's eyes went wide and his mile faded instantly at those words. "W- wait," he said fearfully.

"I'm sorry brother no can do, you know what happens now," Chad said.

DJ could practically see the smirk on his friend's face. "Wait brother don't do this" he begged.

"Im sorry but it's done".

"wait wait, I'm sorry just don't call-"

"MINDY!!"

DJ let his head drop before banging it against the wall.

"Why are you screaming like a jack-ass," Mindy asked annoyed.

"DJ's not ready".

DJ looked at the ceiling and mouthed why.

"What!! Let me talk to him" Mindy said grabbing the phone.

"Yes, Mindy you can take my phone." He said dramatically.

"Shh so I can talk to him" she ordered.

"You're on speaker," Chad told her.

"DJ"

"hmm"