fifteen - zayn

Chapter Fifteen – Zayn

            Trinity finds them first. She’s not really surprised either; even if they haven’t admitted it aloud, it’s still painfully obvious—to her at least—how much they care for each other.

            “They’re in here,” she calls over her shoulder to the others. They had been looking for the pair for a while now, ever since the movie ended. Trinity had seen them leave the flat, but didn’t know where they had gone.

            And now, twenty minutes later, after numerous missed calls, here they were. Asleep, together, with Skylar nestled to his bare chest.

            “They’re adorable,” Harry smirks, leaning against the doorframe. “She’s done a lot for him in the past few weeks, you know.”

            Trinity only smiles, but she knows that it’s true. She was a fan—and still is, but now she knows the boys—and had watched countless interviews and performances. Zayn had always seemed robotic, and his eyes always held a faraway look.

            But not anymore.

            “They’re sleeping?” Louis asks, appearing next. He purses his lips, but says nothing, eventually sighing and shaking his head.

            “They’re cute,” Harry states again, a slight grin on his face.

            Trinity can’t help but agree.

            When Zayn wakes up, his face is buried in a patch of brown hair. Skylar is still in his arms.

            “Took you long enough to wake up,” he hears, and he glances down at the face that’s grinning lackadaisically at him. “I’ve been up for a few minutes now. I’m hungry, are you hungry?”

            He nods, because it has to be way past his lunchtime now, and eases back to let her out of his arms.

            When she does stand up, she stretches, and groans. “I need a shower. Do you have any clothes that I can borrow?”

            Zayn finds himself nodding, and pointing in the direction of his dresser, and he doesn’t know why because he’s never leant his clothes out before. Well, not in a long, long time.

            She grins, and thanks him, and Zayn only smiles, and nods toward the kitchen, signaling that he’d be there.

            She asks him if he can fix her some popcorn.

            Zayn finds himself agreeing, even though he hasn’t made popcorn in what feels like forever, and hadn’t planned on making it for a while either.

            Skylar seems to do that to him.

            He’s not sure if that’s a bad thing.

            When he walks out, he’s greeted by a smirk from Trinity, a knowing look from Harry, and a glare from Louis. Liam and Niall have apparently gone out for a ‘much needed break’, not that Zayn minds.

            “Have a good nap?” Trinity giggles to him, and Zayn can’t help the smile that’s on his face.

            “I’d ask what else happened,” Harry starts, a smug grin on his face, “but considering the fact that you’re not wearing a shirt, I probably don’t want to know.”