twenty-seven - zayn

Chapter Twenty-Seven – Zayn

            “I don’t deserve you,” Zayn tells her, peppering short, sweet kisses along her cheek. And he doesn’t, he really doesn’t. She’s so blindingly perfect while Zayn’s just… not.

            “It’s the other way around,” she snorts back, and then she’s twisting in his lap, allowing her better access to his face.

            Zayn shakes his head, because it’s definitely not. Skylar is amazing. She’s way too good for him. She always will be. The only thing that he has that she doesn’t is that he’s famous, and that’s only because he was fortunate enough to have a nice singing voice.

            Other than that, though, she’s beat him every which way.

            “It’s crazy how you can’t see how perfect you are,” she starts, and in one movement she’s completely turned in his lap so that she’s facing him, nuzzling her smile into his skin. “I love you, so much.”

            “I love you too,” the words flow from his mouth naturally, and it’s almost scary how true they are. Never would he have thought that he’d tell a girl that he had fallen in love with her, and have those words be truer than anything else he’s ever known.  

            Then again, Skylar’s made him do a lot of things he thought he’d never do.

            “I definitely don’t deserve you,” she tells him, and one hand moves to thread in the raven strands of hair trapped between their foreheads. “You need a haircut, babe. Badly. I feel like I’ve told you this before.”

            “You have,” he murmurs, eyes fluttering closed from the pure jubilation of her touch.

            Anything that this girl does drives him absolutely insane; it’s criminal in more ways than one. 

            He lets out a breathy sigh, which is more embarrassing than anything else, and Skylar grins, her fingers etching deeper into his inky hair, which only causes him to writhe beneath her.

            “Don’t,” he warns, but all of his protests die off because he’s just trying to stop himself from letting out any more noises, and then he’s trying to remember what it was he wanted to stop in the first place.

            Skylar only smirks at him when his slowly blinks up at her; she connects their lips, slowly, sensually. “You were saying?”

            “I wasn’t,” he manages to gasp out, his hands ghosting down to her waist, gliding over her perfected, sculpted abdomen.

            “I didn’t think so.”

            And then Zayn’s spending the next few moments trying to kiss that sexy smirk right off of Skylar’s face, but all it does is leave him breathless and dizzy, and it makes the room feel a little smaller than it did to begin with.